Unhappy "NV Items Reader Writer Tool" - doesn't save IMEI in my phone

OP boyfrom75

2nd April 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag NEW YORK
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
I have the Tmobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 ( stock rom and rooted ) My original phone has water damage and not working, I bought a main-board on ebay but the IMEI got blacklisted and I didn't know until I replaced the board.

I want to replace the IMEI from the water damage phone into my repaired phone.

I made a backup the file or NV data using the software " NV-items_reader_writer tool " program
I edit the IMEI number in the line 00550 in the backup that I got from the "NV reader/writer tool"
Than I write back my NV data with the new IMEI number back on the phone using ( EFS/QSP/Nv-items_reader_writer), the program says the writing was successful, but the IMEI doesn't change after I reboot the phone...

Why this is happening ? Is there another secret EFS folder in the phone that keeps writing back the old IMEI into the board..
Is there another safe EFS folder located were the phone keeps geting information to rewrite the old number back in the phone..
Or there is something missing that I don't know ,.. why the "NV-items_reader_writer tool" can not save the new NV data in the phone.

Could you help me, please? The old phone cost me about 600$ and I drooped in the rain water , than I bought a new board that cost me over 100$ .. and now Im stock with a pice of junk .. Please help me...

Best regards,
Cesar

=======
Those are the steps I made during the attempt of fixing the IMEI :

1= Download NV-Items_Reader_Writer_Tool.zip and extract the zip PC
2= Installed SAMSUNG DRIVERS on your computer.
3= Enable USB DEBUGGING on your phone.
4=Dial *#7284# on your phone’s dialer.
5= Select Qualcomm USB Settings and then check RNDIS + DM + MODEM and press OK button. (( Im supposed to check RMNET + DM+ MODEM, but I dont have that option in my model of phone))
6=Now connect your phone to computer using USB cable and then launch NV-items_reader_writer.exe as administrator.
7= Save a backup of the file in my PC and open it with NotePad text editor.
8=Go to the line 00550 and edit the IMEI number and replace with the good number from the water damage phone.
9=Separate your IMEI number into blocks of two digits, leaving the first digit alone. Suppose your phone’s IMEI is35516705558781901, separate it like this: 3 55 16 70 55 58 78 19 01
Now add “A” after the first digit, and reverse the sequence of the two numbers in each block of 2 digits. Add 08 in the beginning of the IMEI. Here is an example: 08 3A 55 61 07 55 85 87 91 10
Having done this, replace the first nine values in the NV block with the converted IMEI.
Click on Write button on the NV-items_reader_writer tool.
When it’s done, Im supposed to disconnect device and reboot it.
My new phone’s IMEI should be there. BUT IS NOT.. It keeps showing the old IMEI number that I dont need.. !!

Please Help Me..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy, imei, note 2, nv-items reader writer tool, sgh-t889
Previous Thread Next Thread