Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unmounting sd card causes my note 3 to reboot

OP amzkyz

24th March 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

66 posts
Hi guys..has anyone of you having thesame problem after kitkat updates? When i try to unmount my sd card from settings it takes 30-60 secs and booom!my n9005 restarted itself and as if nothing has happen..my sd card still mounted. I did try to unmount it again and still same thing happens. At first i noticed that when i try to browse my files from the sd card using es file manager .it shows "invalid path" but after i updated the app it works fine..but still the problem unmounting occurs.. i search all over the web but seems nothing was facing this problem before.here r the other infos of my device:
N9005 kitkat 4.4.2
Micro sd sandisk class 4 16gb

Hope somebody can suggest how can i fix this without requiring me to format my sd card coz i do have a lot of files there and i do not have other device that i can use for backup..

sent from my samsung N9005 using xda-developer app
24th March 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 119

897 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzkyz

Hi guys..has anyone of you having thesame problem after kitkat updates? When i try to unmount my sd card from settings it takes 30-60 secs and booom!my n9005 restarted itself and as if nothing has happen..my sd card still mounted. I did try to unmount it again and still same thing happens. At first i noticed that when i try to browse my files from the sd card using es file manager .it shows "invalid path" but after i updated the app it works fine..but still the problem unmounting occurs.. i search all over the web but seems nothing was facing this problem before.here r the other infos of my device:
N9005 kitkat 4.4.2
Micro sd sandisk class 4 16gb

Hope somebody can suggest how can i fix this without requiring me to format my sd card coz i do have a lot of files there and i do not have other device that i can use for backup..

sent from my samsung N9005 using xda-developer app

I dont know about this because I'm on 4.3 did you tried unmounting your card when u were on 4.3?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
25th March 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

66 posts
Yes,thats what i was doin before removing my sd card.,unmounting thru settings first but i didnt have this problem.after updating to kitkat it seems that this was due to some one of the numerous bug to report..

sent from my samsung E1200 lol!
25th March 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

57 posts
I tried unmounting my 32GB Class 6 Samsung card and got a reboot. Thought I was the only one

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
26th March 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

66 posts
U had an upgrade ur note to kitkat?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
26th March 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
No problem unmounting then remounting my 64gb class 10 Samsung sd card.. No reboots and no problem...
I am using a custom rom and am of course rooted....
26th March 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

32 posts
Just tried unmounting my SanDisk 32gb card. No issues, on kitkat custom rom and rooted

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

66 posts
Ya,both of u have a custom ROM installed & not the official one maybe that's why u both not having a problem..I'm on a stock ROM.

27th March 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 13

57 posts
Yeah I'm on KitKat stock ROM. Never tried testing it on 4.3 because I updated my phone as soon as I took it out the box haha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
28th March 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

66 posts
Haven't u tried formatting ur sd card yet?the safest thing i can do for now is switch off my fone and unmount the sd card, i really dont want to format my sd now until i have my backup.and i also having a thought that this wasnt causing a bad sd card as you were saying.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread