Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is this even full Sense?

Tip us?

ahmedsalahais
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 193
Question [Q] Is this even full Sense?

Hey guys ..

I'm coming from Sense 4.1 so I have no idea how things evolved through Sense 4+, Sense 5, Sense 5.5, and finally landing to Sense 6. However, I'm missing MANY 4x4 widgets (mail, messages, Tasks, Notes (though the app is absent either), etc.). May anybody tell me where are these widgets?

I'm also missing weather clock full screen animation ... I'm confused!

Thanks!
HTC One M8 (SIM Free)

adiliyo
Old
Thanks Meter 227
sense has become much leaner over the iterations, many of those things are just gone now.

you can replace some things with 3rd party apps...
Phones: OnePlus One 64gb - PA
Tablets: Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to adiliyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahmedsalahais
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo View Post
sense has become much leaner over the iterations, many of those things are just gone now.

you can replace some things with 3rd party apps...
That's a bummer ... I pay HTC for premium build and the mighty sense UI ...

Thank you anyway
HTC One M8 (SIM Free)
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmedsalahais For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Life Engineer
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Guys! @adiliyo and @ahmedsalahais
Since you brought this!
Does sense 6 still have many modes for locksreen like before? (album photo, Facebook updates, stock, etc...)
If not, does it still at least display all notifications on locksreen (like it did in notifications locksreen type in old sense) or only missed call and message?
Thx!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2 D802 - CPU binned 3
Current ROM: CloudyG3 ROM v1.2 android 4.4.2
Current Kernel: Stock

Previously owned devices: Nokia N96>HTC HD2>HTC DESIRE HD>SG NEXUS>HTC SENSATION XE>SGSII>SGSIII>LG NEXUS 4>LG G2
Damn! I think I got it... I got ORD => Obsessive ROM-updating Disorder => Click here!
If I helped in any means please click the "Thanks" button and that will do!

adiliyo
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Engineer View Post
Guys! @adiliyo and @ahmedsalahais
Since you brought this!
Does sense 6 still have many modes for locksreen like before? (album photo, Facebook updates, stock, etc...)
If not, does it still at least display all notifications on locksreen (like it did in notifications locksreen type in old sense) or only missed call and message?
Thx!

no, those modes aren't there in the same way as the original sense. much of it has to do with the way lock screens are handled in 4.x you can add lock screen widgets to show many of those things, and in a way it's better this way as you can have multiple lock screens by just swiping to the left and right
The Following User Says Thank You to adiliyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Life Engineer
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo View Post
no, those modes aren't there in the same way as the original sense. much of it has to do with the way lock screens are handled in 4.x you can add lock screen widgets to show many of those things, and in a way it's better this way as you can have multiple lock screens by just swiping to the left and right
Yes but I've read somewhere in here that you cannot delete stock locksreen widget! Instead you can only swipe left of right to get to widgets you've added!
Is this true?

One more thing, if pattern locksreen is assigned, can you still see the missed notifications or you are directly presented to the dots pattern instead when you turn the screen on?

Thx!

LG G2 D802 - CPU binned 3
Current ROM: CloudyG3 ROM v1.2 android 4.4.2
Current Kernel: Stock

Previously owned devices: Nokia N96>HTC HD2>HTC DESIRE HD>SG NEXUS>HTC SENSATION XE>SGSII>SGSIII>LG NEXUS 4>LG G2
Damn! I think I got it... I got ORD => Obsessive ROM-updating Disorder => Click here!
If I helped in any means please click the "Thanks" button and that will do!

adiliyo
Old
Thanks Meter 227
I haven't been able to remove the stock screen, but supposedly some people have, which is odd. I'm not sure how the sequence is with a pattern or pin lock as I don't use them...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk