[Q] Any tips/guides around for someone who wants to make a rom from scatch?

27th March 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
And what I mean, no android kitchen and those kind of tools. Simple from the start where you are forced to do all the work yourself.

(I have to much free time)
27th March 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-13

And what I mean, no android kitchen and those kind of tools. Simple from the start where you are forced to do all the work yourself.

(I have to much free time)

Cyanogenmod is a great place to start since its stock, http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Development
The Following User Says Thank You to Trozzul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

Cyanogenmod is a great place to start since its stock,

Ah, thank you. I will look into that.

Small problem I (probarly) have. I also have a mediatek phone (main phone) and I heard there are a few problems when you want to make roms for those. It was due to lack of released source or something?
27th March 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #4  
Quote:

Ah, thank you. I will look into that.

Small problem I (probarly) have. I also have a mediatek phone (main phone) and I heard there are a few problems when you want to make roms for those. It was due to lack of released source or something?

that is true, the kernel of mediatek has problems with Cyanogenmod so its a little hard. mediatek kinda sucks to develop for.
27th March 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

that is true, the kernel of mediatek has problems with Cyanogenmod so its a little hard. mediatek kinda sucks to develop for.

Wouldn'tv it be easier to start with vanille android then or modify the stock ROM bit by bit?
27th March 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #6  
Quote:

Wouldn'tv it be easier to start with vanille android then or modify the stock ROM bit by bit?

always start with modifying the stock rom, every few changes you make you should check out if they work and repeat that process.
27th March 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

always start with modifying the stock rom, every few changes you make you should check out if they work and repeat that process.

Is there a way I can make my current ROM into a flash able zip?
27th March 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #8  
Quote:

Is there a way I can make my current ROM into a flash able zip?

that i wouldnt know where to get information on, im sure there are tools for this, make a backup and unzip it and see what you can do from there, of course you can flash a backup but its a start.
29th March 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

that i wouldnt know where to get information on, im sure there are tools for this, make a backup and unzip it and see what you can do from there, of course you can flash a backup but its a start.

I was able to extract the boot.img,recovery.img and the META-INF map. If I am right, I didnt miss anything else thats important. Right?
29th March 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #10  
Quote:

I was able to extract the boot.img,recovery.img and the META-INF map. If I am right, I didnt miss anything else thats important. Right?

Hmm I'm pretty sure there should be a few more things, go to CyanogenMod and download a random file for whatever phone and check out those files. Make sure its a stable and not nightlie

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread