Thanks Meter: 32

207 posts
Price of xperia z2 around the globe

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th February 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

207 posts
Post Your Comments on pricing of z2 as compared to the other flagship phone.
And also with its features.

28th February 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

207 posts
Sony's latest flagship phone was announced just a few days ago, and now we have a UK price and release date. The Xperia Z2 will touch down on 1 April, and will cost £544.98 SIM free from Unlocked Mobiles.

Unlocked Mobiles is throwing in a few goodies as well. You'll get a free SRS-BTM8 speaker worth £79.99, noise-cancelling headphones worth £20, and "content" worth £100.

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was also priced up this week, with Unlocked Mobiles whipping out its pricing gun and slapping on a tag of £599.98. The Samsung flagship will go on sale on 11 April.

28th February 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 21

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teck_keeda

Sony's latest flagship phone was announced just a few days ago, and now we have a UK price and release date. The Xperia Z2 will touch down on 1 April, and will cost £544.98 SIM free from Unlocked Mobiles.

Unlocked Mobiles is throwing in a few goodies as well. You'll get a free SRS-BTM8 speaker worth £79.99, noise-cancelling headphones worth £20, and "content" worth £100.

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was also priced up this week, with Unlocked Mobiles whipping out its pricing gun and slapping on a tag of £599.98. The Samsung flagship will go on sale on 11 April.

Wasn't the Z2 supposed to go on sale in March? Does anyone have details on further Europe release dates? And where to find these when they come up?

To me the samsung doesn't have much going for it when its even higher priced than the Z2. Who would pay more for SGS5 when you can get a better device for less, with included gadgets? Possibly people who will get Samsung no matter what and can't steer away or are not informed.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

There is currently one shop in Finland that has priced its pre-order for the Z2 at 672 € for all different color options. This is usually not the cheapest place to get phones from. No detailed availability date but they say its due in March.
Last edited by SuperMarioGalaxy; 28th February 2014 at 11:07 AM.
28th February 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

207 posts
No i will not pay that much for samsung but xperia is also highly priced as compared to previous flagship devices

3rd March 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

207 posts
Two things we did not like about the Xperia Z1, was the display and the camera module when it launched late last year. The price tag certainly dropped in December with the phone now being available for Rs 37,000.

At this year's MWC, Sony unveiled the Z1's successor. The Xperia Z2 seems to have addressed on the issues that plagued its predecessor. The new display as Sony puts it, is “a brand new technology integrated only into Sony Mobile displays, for increased colour depth and gradation. And the IPS gives an excellent viewing angle and accurate colours from edge to edge”.

Sony claims that camera processing algorithms have also been tweaked to deliver lower noise levels compared to last year’s offering. Additionally, there is also the much-awaited 4k video capture and background defocus and many new shooting modes. With so many improvements (even with the design and processor) and new features like Noise Cancellation, we can easily say that this year’s Z2 will easily beat the competition. What’s more interesting is that the smartphone has already hit pre-order in Europe in a number of countries.

The pre-order price is pegged at EUR 599 euros in Germany and 599 pounds in the UK, which should roughly translate to Rs 50,000 in India.

6th March 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Quote:

The pre-order price is pegged at EUR 599 euros in Germany and 599 pounds in the UK, which should roughly translate to Rs 50,000 in India.

In Spain pre-order price raises to 699 €
7th March 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 146

468 posts
More
Sony.co.uk Sim free
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-z2/
£599 + free wireless NFC speaker SRS-BTX300

Carphone warehouse UK Sim free
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mob...Type=undefined
£549.95

edit:- added speaker bonus to sony details
Last edited by SwiftSmoke; 8th March 2014 at 01:27 AM.
7th March 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #9  
Flag South West
Thanks Meter: 78

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSmoke

Sony.co.uk Sim free
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-z2/
£599

Carphone warehouse UK Sim free
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mob...Type=undefined
£549.95

Don't forget at Sony you get a Free Nfc speaker worth around £100
The Following User Says Thank You to Publicglutton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 181

3,316 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMarioGalaxy

Wasn't the Z2 supposed to go on sale in March? Does anyone have details on further Europe release dates? And where to find these when they come up?

To me the samsung doesn't have much going for it when its even higher priced than the Z2. Who would pay more for SGS5 when you can get a better device for less, with included gadgets? Possibly people who will get Samsung no matter what and can't steer away or are not informed.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

There is currently one shop in Finland that has priced its pre-order for the Z2 at 672 € for all different color options. This is usually not the cheapest place to get phones from. No detailed availability date but they say its due in March.

Exactly! Pay more for less, sounds like Apple's theme on smartphones. Z2 first smartphone of 2014 with 3mb of ram which i would think by today is the standard. S5 with only 2mb and HTC M8 benchmarks showing only 2mb as well. S5 water resistant for a water spill and Z2 to actually take underwater pictures, HTC will wall behind and overall non of the above. Z2 with much larger battery and better stamina modes then S5 and we all know HTC's battery track record. Of course many will say 2mb of ram is enough, sure but you trying to say 3mb is too much? LOL! More is better in this department IMO. Just not liking the idea of the Z2 all glass back and front.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote:

And when it comes out in the States the carriers will only include the device and a wall charger. Always gettin the shaft in this "goodie" department. Remember when the HTC One came out and in Europe offered free set of Beats earbuds retailing around $100. Here in states ATT, phone and wall charger.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread