Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Request] [Xposed] Module to Swap Power Button With Vol+

OP fronc

30th March 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #1  
fronc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Bank
Thanks Meter: 136
 
610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
The new m8 just got root, and I'd like to see if anyone could fix the issue i have with the hardware key placement. Specifically, the position of the power button annoys me quite a bit. On the old One it was at least accessible through your index finger, but the m8 must have been designed by lefties!

I'm looking for a module that would swap the function of the power key with the vol+ key to see if that will fix my little hangup with this phone. No pun intended.

Thanks!
30th March 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #2  
fronc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Bank
Thanks Meter: 136
 
610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronc

The new m8 just got root, and I'd like to see if anyone could fix the issue i have with the hardware key placement. Specifically, the position of the power button annoys me quite a bit. On the old One it was at least accessible through your index finger, but the m8 must have been designed by lefties!

I'm looking for a module that would swap the function of the power key with the vol+ key to see if that will fix my little hangup with this phone. No pun intended.

Thanks!

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger complaint amongst m8 users. Well, if anyone finds anything, please let me know! Thanks!
30th March 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronc

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger complaint amongst m8 users. Well, if anyone finds anything, please let me know! Thanks!

I'm also not a fan of the power button being switched. At least we can double tap the screen to unlock. Cuts down the usage a bit.
30th March 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #4  
fronc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Bank
Thanks Meter: 136
 
610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie1588

I'm also not a fan of the power button being switched. At least we can double tap the screen to unlock. Cuts down the usage a bit.

Agreed, but it doesn't help when wanting to lock it quickly with one hand after the phone has already been unlocked. I'm more interested in that function than waking it. But glad to see I'm not alone in this.
30th March 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
619 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronc

Agreed, but it doesn't help when wanting to lock it quickly with one hand after the phone has already been unlocked. I'm more interested in that function than waking it. But glad to see I'm not alone in this.

I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock in tandem with Nova Launcher and just assign a gesture to it which in turn will turn the screen off and lock. Works great.
1st April 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 111
 
976 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
I just use gmd gesture control to do a three finger downward swipe to shut the device off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #7  
fronc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Bank
Thanks Meter: 136
 
610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izeltokatl

I just use gmd gesture control to do a three finger downward swipe to shut the device off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

For my purposes, I'm trying to find a one-handed solution. So 3 fingers is no help when the phone is in-hand. But thanks for sharing your idea!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
What I did was use gravitybox > navigation key actions and then set back key long press to go to sleep. Works perfect but I am left handed so you might want a different key.
1st April 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #9  
fronc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Red Bank
Thanks Meter: 136
 
610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazya

What I did was use gravitybox > navigation key actions and then set back key long press to go to sleep. Works perfect but I am left handed so you might want a different key.

I think you're on to something.... I'm going to experiment with this. Thanks!
1st April 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb

I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock in tandem with Nova Launcher and just assign a gesture to it which in turn will turn the screen off and lock. Works great.

This is how I do it. Just a single finger swipe upwards shuts my screen off, then a double tap turns it back on. Works great for me!

Now if only someone could figure out how to get double tap (to wake) working in landscape mode.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes