Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about Installing a New ROM

Tip us?

KangKong70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Question about Installing a New ROM

I'm really confused about what to do before flashing this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694471

I'm coming from CM11, I don't know what to do when it says "so basically just FULLY wipe". Does this mean to just factory reset, or can somebody tell me which boxes to tick in TWRP (System, Cache, Dalvik Cache, etc.) I'm worried that factory resetting will delete internal storage, because I have accidentally deleted internal storage before while flashing a new ROM, and it was a nightmare.

Thanks in advance!

tdhite
Old
Thanks Meter 1927

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KangKong70 View Post
I'm really confused about what to do before flashing this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694471

I'm coming from CM11, I don't know what to do when it says "so basically just FULLY wipe". Does this mean to just factory reset, or can somebody tell me which boxes to tick in TWRP (System, Cache, Dalvik Cache, etc.) I'm worried that factory resetting will delete internal storage, because I have accidentally deleted internal storage before while flashing a new ROM, and it was a nightmare.

Thanks in advance!
In your recovery, a full wipe would be wipe all of: /system; /cache/; dalvik cache and /cache.

Frankly, the latter is a joke -- there's nothing interesting in /cache other than logs, but folks still do it.

what will happen is the /system and /cache partitions will get reformatted. Dalvik Cache will get 'deleted' and the /data partition will get cleaned out (files removed) *other than* your Internal sdcard data.

BTW, if you have a handle as kangkong, you really ought to live up to the suggestions in the name
The Following User Says Thank You to tdhite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KangKong70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the help, though I am a bit confused about what you mean about my name.

wileout
Old
Thanks Meter 718
Td hes a newb if you check his profile hes has no idea what kanging is apparently lol

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

And to answer your question in lamens terms just do a factory reset youll be good

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sent from my nightmarish EVOl EVO 4G LTE