Ask a question

No registration required

Tutorial [Q] Trying to update from a REALLY OLD Rom

OP blanka2k3

30th March 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey guy I have been doing research for about 2 hours now but can't really find a straight forward answer and I was hoping for the expertise of the users in this forum instead of thread crapping on my post. Here is my phones specs for my Sprint HtcONE (m7)

ViperROM 1.0.4
HBoot: 1.44 S-ON
Radio:1.00.20.0315
Recovery: TeamWIN 2.5.0.0

So yea, as you can see really old stuff lol. I have been away from all of this in a really long time and lost most (if not all) of my knowledge on updating. I am trying to obtain the latest available updates that Sprint released but I am not sure where and what to begin from. All the information I was seeking isn't really specific and if it is, it is specific to the subject at hand (i.e. updating from the last previous version) and not updating from such an outdated versions. I am interested in obtaining the latest radio, hboot, etc... for my sprint phone but also being able to put on modified roms. Ideally I would like to try out the new Viper Rom. Do I have to achieve S-OFF and then get the latest Sprint OTA update to have my phone fully updated to the latest software? If so, I tried going to the htc site and sprint site but cant find the latest updates. Where do I look? Does the update install all stock or do I still have the custom recovery? Any information to help me achieve the latest updates and moving to the latest Viper Rom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
31st March 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 112

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanka2k3

Hey guy I have been doing research for about 2 hours now but can't really find a straight forward answer and I was hoping for the expertise of the users in this forum instead of thread crapping on my post. Here is my phones specs for my Sprint HtcONE (m7)

ViperROM 1.0.4
HBoot: 1.44 S-ON
Radio:1.00.20.0315
Recovery: TeamWIN 2.5.0.0

So yea, as you can see really old stuff lol. I have been away from all of this in a really long time and lost most (if not all) of my knowledge on updating. I am trying to obtain the latest available updates that Sprint released but I am not sure where and what to begin from. All the information I was seeking isn't really specific and if it is, it is specific to the subject at hand (i.e. updating from the last previous version) and not updating from such an outdated versions. I am interested in obtaining the latest radio, hboot, etc... for my sprint phone but also being able to put on modified roms. Ideally I would like to try out the new Viper Rom. Do I have to achieve S-OFF and then get the latest Sprint OTA update to have my phone fully updated to the latest software? If so, I tried going to the htc site and sprint site but cant find the latest updates. Where do I look? Does the update install all stock or do I still have the custom recovery? Any information to help me achieve the latest updates and moving to the latest Viper Rom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

... Dear 1st of all unlock your bootloader from htcdev, then go to rumrunner.us and get S-Off. Now you are ready for next step which is to update you firmware. follow the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658910. After s-off flash the full firmware from the before link and then run latest RUU from the same link and you will be on latest firmware and stock rom. afterwards have fun with your device installing custom recovery and root ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread