FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

 View Poll Results: DO you have Light Bleed (7 spots at low brightness) at bottom of screen?

Yes
 
78 Vote(s)
69.03%
No
 
35 Vote(s)
30.97%

[Q] Do you have Light bleed on the bottom of your Screen?

1,693 posts
Thanks Meter: 106
 
By Canadoc, Senior Member on 3rd January 2014, 09:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Do you have the well described light bleed on the bottom of your screen (7 brighter spots) at low brightness?
Whether you do or do not I am curious to know what your serial number date is.
I.e. are the 1st 3 digits 311 or 312.....
Someone suggested this was fixed on newer batches of these tablets and am curious if the newer serial numbers are showing the same issue.
 
 
3rd January 2014, 09:44 PM |#2  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
311, got bleed. Don't care tho.

- For science!
3rd January 2014, 11:20 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc

Do you have the well described light bleed on the bottom of your screen (7 brighter spots) at low brightness?
Whether you do or do not I am curious to know what your serial number date is.
I.e. are the 1st 3 digits 311 or 312.....
Someone suggested this was fixed on newer batches of these tablets and am curious if the newer serial numbers are showing the same issue.

Yes but only with a white background at that edge and when the tablet is at less than 20% brightness. If it is a darker background or the tablet is above 20% brightness I have no bleed that I can see. In fact, I never noticed it in regular use until I looked for it in order to reply to your thread. So obviously it does not bother me. SN 311.
4th January 2014, 01:27 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe

Yes but only with a white background at that edge and when the tablet is at less than 20% brightness. If it is a darker background or the tablet is above 20% brightness I have no bleed that I can see. In fact, I never noticed it in regular use until I looked for it in order to reply to your thread. So obviously it does not bother me. SN 311.

Thanks. My purpose is not to get people bothered. I am more thing to establish 2 things. First that unlike light bleed which is random this its a near universallyrics described flaw out limitation of this device and going and returning it for am exchange is likely fruitless. Keep it if you like it or move on. I have chosen to keep mine.
Secondly to seeif there is a pattern to those that claim not you'll have this issue. One person in another post started his first twist had it but the replacement with a newer serial number did not.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
4th January 2014, 03:44 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe

Yes but only with a white background at that edge and when the tablet is at less than 20% brightness. If it is a darker background or the tablet is above 20% brightness I have no bleed that I can see. In fact, I never noticed it in regular use until I looked for it in order to reply to your thread. So obviously it does not bother me. SN 311.

Part of the reason I never noticed it is that I have my on-screen buttons as black so any bleed would never be visible for me in portrait mode. Also, the only time I ever have my brightness that low is at night when reading my kindle app in bed and I use the white text on black background for that so bleed would also never show up in that situation.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2014, 04:31 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe

Part of the reason I never noticed it is that I have my on-screen buttons as black so any bleed would never be visible for me in portrait mode. Also, the only time I ever have my brightness that low is at night when reading my kindle app in bed and I use the white text on black background for that so bleed would also never show up in that situation.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Similar situating though sometimes might surf or watch a video in bed at low brightness and then was surprised to see it

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 05:07 AM |#7  
colwellkr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
309 Here and yes I have the bleed but it doesn't bother me because most of the time my black nav buttons are there. Only really noticeable when you have only white.
4th January 2014, 09:20 AM |#8  
LeighR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
The only bleed I have is when when brightness is jacked up and the background is dark. It goes a bit lighter in the corner but no worse than my nexus 7.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
4th January 2014, 01:52 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighR

The only bleed I have is when when brightness is jacked up and the background is dark. It goes a bit lighter in the corner but no worse than my nexus 7.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

That is traditional light bleed. Please state what serial number you have

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 02:05 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 232
 
Donate to Me
More
So minor i can barely see when trying in a dark room with any brightness. Less light bleed or inconformaty than any other tab i have owned.

I have a black 309 from best buy.
4th January 2014, 02:12 PM |#11  
LeighR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc

That is traditional light bleed. Please state what serial number you have

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

S/N: 311CQSF

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes