Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 41,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: DO you have Light Bleed (7 spots at low brightness) at bottom of screen?
Yes 77 68.75%
No 35 31.25%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Do you have Light bleed on the bottom of your Screen?

Tip us?

Canadoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Default [Q] Do you have Light bleed on the bottom of your Screen?

Do you have the well described light bleed on the bottom of your screen (7 brighter spots) at low brightness?
Whether you do or do not I am curious to know what your serial number date is.
I.e. are the 1st 3 digits 311 or 312.....
Someone suggested this was fixed on newer batches of these tablets and am curious if the newer serial numbers are showing the same issue.

CuraeL
Old
Thanks Meter 176
311, got bleed. Don't care tho.

- For science!

"XO Pressley has the deck."
-
Get Tab Pro 10.1.psd complete with gloss and background layers here to make your own smechsy screenshot.

Stujoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
Do you have the well described light bleed on the bottom of your screen (7 brighter spots) at low brightness?
Whether you do or do not I am curious to know what your serial number date is.
I.e. are the 1st 3 digits 311 or 312.....
Someone suggested this was fixed on newer batches of these tablets and am curious if the newer serial numbers are showing the same issue.
Yes but only with a white background at that edge and when the tablet is at less than 20% brightness. If it is a darker background or the tablet is above 20% brightness I have no bleed that I can see. In fact, I never noticed it in regular use until I looked for it in order to reply to your thread. So obviously it does not bother me. SN 311.

Canadoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe View Post
Yes but only with a white background at that edge and when the tablet is at less than 20% brightness. If it is a darker background or the tablet is above 20% brightness I have no bleed that I can see. In fact, I never noticed it in regular use until I looked for it in order to reply to your thread. So obviously it does not bother me. SN 311.
Thanks. My purpose is not to get people bothered. I am more thing to establish 2 things. First that unlike light bleed which is random this its a near universallyrics described flaw out limitation of this device and going and returning it for am exchange is likely fruitless. Keep it if you like it or move on. I have chosen to keep mine.
Secondly to seeif there is a pattern to those that claim not you'll have this issue. One person in another post started his first twist had it but the replacement with a newer serial number did not.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

Stujoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Part of the reason I never noticed it is that I have my on-screen buttons as black so any bleed would never be visible for me in portrait mode. Also, the only time I ever have my brightness that low is at night when reading my kindle app in bed and I use the white text on black background for that so bleed would also never show up in that situation.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Canadoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Part of the reason I never noticed it is that I have my on-screen buttons as black so any bleed would never be visible for me in portrait mode. Also, the only time I ever have my brightness that low is at night when reading my kindle app in bed and I use the white text on black background for that so bleed would also never show up in that situation.

Similar situating though sometimes might surf or watch a video in bed at low brightness and then was surprised to see it

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

colwellkr
Old
Thanks Meter 14
309 Here and yes I have the bleed but it doesn't bother me because most of the time my black nav buttons are there. Only really noticeable when you have only white.
LG G Pad 8.3 (v500) Cyanogenmod 11
LG Lucid 2 (vs870) Lucidian

LeighR
Old
Thanks Meter 90
The only bleed I have is when when brightness is jacked up and the background is dark. It goes a bit lighter in the corner but no worse than my nexus 7.

Canadoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
The only bleed I have is when when brightness is jacked up and the background is dark. It goes a bit lighter in the corner but no worse than my nexus 7.

That is traditional light bleed. Please state what serial number you have

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

gottahavit
Old
Thanks Meter 76
So minor i can barely see when trying in a dark room with any brightness. Less light bleed or inconformaty than any other tab i have owned.

I have a black 309 from best buy.