[Q] SD card Read issues

28th March 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

104 posts
On my new M8 I put the SD card I used in my galaxy s4 in and it doesn't seem to like several of the folders. The new phone will recognize some files but on other files it has a dot and then a number at the end and it won't show me the contents or allow those files to be accessible. So the mp3's better in those files don't show up in the player. This seems really strange to me that it doesn't read files that are just fine on the card. Can someone help me please.

by the way I had to download an manager in order to even see the files and folders on the phone, is there no folder navigation option built-in to this phone?
28th March 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 529

1,121 posts
Donate to Me
copy off sdcard to computer and format the sdcard and create new folders, why would it seem strange samsung uses a different file structure than htc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofdesign

On my new M8 I put the SD card I used in my galaxy s4 in and it doesn't seem to like several of the folders. The new phone will recognize some files but on other files it has a dot and then a number at the end and it won't show me the contents or allow those files to be accessible. So the mp3's better in those files don't show up in the player. This seems really strange to me that it doesn't read files that are just fine on the card. Can someone help me please.

by the way I had to download an manager in order to even see the files and folders on the phone, is there no folder navigation option built-in to this phone?

29th March 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 230

1,360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artofdesign

there is no built in file explorer, you can download es or root explorer but they may not be able to write to the sd card without root (i'm not sure as my phone is rooted...)
30th March 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

104 posts
Thanks guys. I followed your recommendation and copied what I needed. Reformatted. Then added files. Seems good now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread