Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SD card Read issues

Tip us?

artofdesign
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] SD card Read issues

On my new M8 I put the SD card I used in my galaxy s4 in and it doesn't seem to like several of the folders. The new phone will recognize some files but on other files it has a dot and then a number at the end and it won't show me the contents or allow those files to be accessible. So the mp3's better in those files don't show up in the player. This seems really strange to me that it doesn't read files that are just fine on the card. Can someone help me please.

by the way I had to download an manager in order to even see the files and folders on the phone, is there no folder navigation option built-in to this phone?

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 246
copy off sdcard to computer and format the sdcard and create new folders, why would it seem strange samsung uses a different file structure than htc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofdesign View Post
On my new M8 I put the SD card I used in my galaxy s4 in and it doesn't seem to like several of the folders. The new phone will recognize some files but on other files it has a dot and then a number at the end and it won't show me the contents or allow those files to be accessible. So the mp3's better in those files don't show up in the player. This seems really strange to me that it doesn't read files that are just fine on the card. Can someone help me please.

by the way I had to download an manager in order to even see the files and folders on the phone, is there no folder navigation option built-in to this phone?

adiliyo
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by artofdesign View Post

there is no built in file explorer, you can download es or root explorer but they may not be able to write to the sd card without root (i'm not sure as my phone is rooted...)
Phones: G3
Tablets: Nexus 7 32GB (2013)

artofdesign
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Thanks guys. I followed your recommendation and copied what I needed. Reformatted. Then added files. Seems good now.