Ask a question

No registration required

Loose power button - No Warranty

OP karmasblade

30th March 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

124 posts
If I were to attempt to fix this issue myself, how would I go about doing it? I ordered a new power button but I'm worried that the problem lies internally requiring me to take apart the phone rather than just replacing a simple button. The power button is so loose that if you make any contact on it, it will turn on/off. If I press it down, it makes a click sound as usual but the screen flickers on and off.
30th March 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #2  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmasblade

If I were to attempt to fix this issue myself, how would I go about doing it? I ordered a new power button but I'm worried that the problem lies internally requiring me to take apart the phone rather than just replacing a simple button. The power button is so loose that if you make any contact on it, it will turn on/off. If I press it down, it makes a click sound as usual but the screen flickers on and off.

Replacing the power button requires opening up the phone. Unless you are certain you have the correct tools and technical expertise for this, you may want to consider taking it to a tech shop or pro outlet. This may cost you a bit but could be overall less bothersome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread