Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Lte Speed on JB but not KK ???

28th February 2014, 02:49 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
OK i have a i717 I have rooted and CWMR as long as I flash a JB rom I can get 4g LTE or any other rom however if I flash a KK rom all I can recieve is H or H+ as well as my signal drops in or out the KK roms that I have tried are :

LS-KK-v3.0-2014-02-15-quincyatt
Slim-quincyatt-4.4.beta.1-UNOFFICIAL-20131202-1440
BeanStalk-4.4.249-20140220-quincyatt
CandyKat-v1.1-20140220-quincyatt

Currently I am running :

BlackStar BlackJelly ver 2 = 4g LTE

none of the above KK roms i am able to receive the same signal with not just data the cell signal drops in and out. I have wiped multiple times before installing any new this includes the system as well as cache and dalvik etc. No matter how i install or how many times i wipe no success has any had this issue before or have a solution? I would like a lite rom for KK Short of editing the rom myself I do not know what the issue is. Do these roms just not support LTE speeds or...........

28th February 2014, 03:32 PM |#2  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,121

More
I thought H+ was LTE ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
28th February 2014, 04:39 PM |#3  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 438

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

I thought H+ was LTE ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

It's close, but not technically LTE.
28th February 2014, 05:42 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 62

More
IDK if you tried this but: go to dialer, *#*#4636#*#* then click phone settings, scroll down to preferred network type and select LTE/GSM. also go to settings, more, and select the LTE APN for your carrier.
The Following User Says Thank You to decimater For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2014, 08:20 AM |#5  
Flag Lagrange
Thanks Meter: 5

More
4G/LTE
I have the same issue. I get 4g/LTE on the jellybean roms, but not on the KK roms. I have tried numerous Radios to no avail. The *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work at all. On some radios you can change the LTE/GSM, but it doesn't show it under settings in the rom. It just says "LTE recommended", but there is no way to select it.
Last edited by CGRAHAM10; 28th March 2014 at 08:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CGRAHAM10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 05:21 PM |#6  
Texas! Republic-Borders US to North and Mexico to south
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decimater

IDK if you tried this but: go to dialer, *#*#4636#*#* then click phone settings, scroll down to preferred network type and select LTE/GSM. also go to settings, more, and select the LTE APN for your carrier.

Hey this worked like a charm. Went from 2.9mb to 9.6mb DL. First settings, connection manager, check LTE (here my speeds bumped from 2.99mb to 5.18mb. Then *#*#4636#*#* select bet. Automatic and USA Bands. I don't know on which mine's was but the latter produced the higher speeds.

Thanx!

The Following User Says Thank You to jayinc11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread