What's the difference between the dark and the dark_minimal theme?
The minimal themes only have one highlight color (dark holo blue).
The main advantage of the minimal themes is their reduced boot time compared to the multicolor versions.
They're ment to be used as base for porting or creating other single color versions.
Can I use this theme on my *devicename*?
Most likely yes. The themes can be used on any device with the screen resolution the filename of the theme suggests.
For example, the "1080_*variant*.zip" can be used on any FullHD device.
When I reboot to recovery, the theme isn't applied. Any ideas?
This is most likeley due to wrong naming of the theme folder or the ui.zip.
Make sure the folder is named "theme", without capital letters.
Also check if you accidentally renamed the downloaded zip to "ui.zip.zip" (common pitfall when renaming the zip in windows explorer).
When I reboot to recovery, I get a "recovery bootloop". Is my phone broken?
Nope, this is most likeley due to a bad download.
Please download the theme again using another browser or app. For instance, ES File Explorer's build-in downloader has proven to be unreliable for the dropbox links I provide.
I like what you did there, but can I has more/other colorz?
Colors are a matter of personal preferrence. I try to keep the themes neutral, and the colors used are (mostly) in accordance with android design guidelines.
For other colors, you'll have to modify the theme yourself. I will gladly provide the source file for the images to everyone interested.
Will you make a dark/black Play theme?
No, because I don't want to maintain more versions of the theme. But everybody is welcome to contribute to the thread...
Will you help me to port my favourite other theme to device XY?
No. But this guide provides insight
on how you can do it.
RECOVERY REPACK FAQ
What version of TWRP is the repack?
Always the latest available for a certain device.
As I don't keep track of all TWRP threads, please remind me if there was an update for your device.
I'd like a repack for *devicename*, how do I make one?
My preferred method for installing the recovery is GooManager, so how do I flash this .img thing?
- Download and unpack Android Image Kitchen.
- Unpack the zip.
- Download the zip containing the custom curtains (splash images).
- Get the recovery image you want to modify from the TWRP download site.
- Copy the recovery image to the Image Kitchen folder.
- In windows explorer, drag & drop the recovery image on the "unpackimg.bat".
Unpacking will create two new folders (ramdisk and split_image).
- Rename the splash of your choice to "curtain.jpg" and drop it into /ramdisk/res/images.
- Hit "repackimg.bat".
This will create a "image-new.img", which you can then flash away using your preferred method.
- Use the theme. It now supports direct image flashing from the install page.
- Via Fastboot. Most useful to know how to (especially in case things go sideways).
- Via app. For a variety of devices, Flashify has proven to be a good app for flashing recovery images. It's under (very) active development and I highly recommend to give it a try.
- Alternative apps (can be device specific): SGS4 Flasher, ... (please help me to populate this part)
- Download this flashable zip.
- Flash the zip in recovery.
It will copy the flashable Aroma FM package to \TWRP\aromafm.
- Go to "settings" and tick the option to use Aroma FM.