Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Will you buy the S5 Prime (if it is real and launches in your country)?!
No- Screw Sammy and their "Prime" BS 39 30.95%
Hell yeah, I always need the latest and greatest. 35 27.78%
Undecided 27 21.43%
If true, I will stay away from Sammy forever 25 19.84%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

3/12/14 [Discussion] Galaxy "F" Series to come in May... Metal, better specs.

Tip us?

Joe0113
Old
(Last edited by Joe0113; 12th March 2014 at 08:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1585

DONATE TO ME
Default 3/12/14 [Discussion] Galaxy "F" Series to come in May... Metal, better specs.

And by surprise... I mean the announcement of the rumored "GS5 Prime". Metal build, 3/4 GB of RAM, 2K display etc... hey one can dream. But seriously do you guys think that this will happen and they announce the "Prime" or is the GS5 we saw, the GS5 we get?

UPDATE 2/26 (SamMobile)- Hmm, this is interesting.... May come in May, dubbed as "Galaxy F Series".

Another source... http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/54081...m#.UxABKPldXT4

Yet another, looks like this may happen! http://www.techtimes.com/articles/38...y-s5-prime.htm

This looks to be really happening! http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/54293...m#.UyCvM_ldXT4
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v1
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel
Theme: Click Ui (Nova theme)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
And by surprise... I mean the announcement of the rumored "GS5 Prime". Metal build, 3/4 GB of RAM, 2K display etc... hey one can dream. But seriously do you guys think that this will happen and they announce the "Prime" or is the GS5 we saw, the GS5 we get?
It would be nice. But I doubt it. Why wait an extra month? Why just not introduce both phones at the same event? Samsung seems to think the S5 they announced yesterday is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

bobbarker2
Old
Thanks Meter 148
This is wishful thinking. There's no reason for Samsung to do that big launch event and not introduce all it's products. Maybe if the "S5 Prime" wasn't going to be ready for another 6 months, but then it's going to start bumping up against the next gen of phones so the release would be moot.

Joe0113
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbarker2 View Post
This is wishful thinking. There's no reason for Samsung to do that big launch event and not introduce all it's products. Maybe if the "S5 Prime" wasn't going to be ready for another 6 months, but then it's going to start bumping up against the next gen of phones so the release would be moot.
Idk about 6 months because the Note 4 will be released around then (around November or so). That's why I'm saying a month or so (by March/April).
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

frankgreimes
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I just refuse to believe that this is the best Samsung could come up with. Maybe they wanted to have something ready for Barcelona and decided to hold their true flapship phone not phablet back for their own big event.

If the S5 Premium exists it better offers at least 3 gig of ram, more PPI = 2k display and a less "glossy" look

Sudbury78
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I can't see this happening. The while one more thing Steve Jobs did once won't happen. I'm somewhat disappointed with the specs but I love the software gimmicks. This just solidified my plan to upgrade from my note 3 to the 4.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fernando sor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5388
You really don't want a 2600 x 1400 display.

Most people are bitching about the lack of high end specs. If you go the route of a higher resolution screen your really just taxing your battery and SoC and for what? Something that you need a magnifying glass to see? 1080p on a smart phone is more than enough. At least until power issues are solved.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Bad seed Customs Founder

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fernando sor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frankgreimes
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor View Post
You really don't want a 2600 x 1400 display.

Most people are bitching about the lack of high end specs. If you go the route of a higher resolution screen your really just taxing your battery and SoC and for what? Something that you need a magnifying glass to see? 1080p on a smart phone is more than enough. At least until power issues are solved.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Do I need it? No heck I don't even need a Full HD display but the poitn of the matter is a marginal upgrade doesn't offer enough. If they don't want to go the 2k road fine, at least do something with the RAM and provide better screen protection etc.Another cool feature would have been a trackpad.

fernando sor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5388
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgreimes View Post
Do I need it? No heck I don't even need a Full HD display but the poitn of the matter is a marginal upgrade doesn't offer enough. If they don't want to go the 2k road fine, at least do something with the RAM and provide better screen protection etc.Another cool feature would have been a trackpad.
that I totally agree with. the phone is pretty disappointing. .
Bad seed Customs Founder

Joe0113
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1585

DONATE TO ME
Well now....
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5