Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DevDistro (VM built for all Android related development, running on Linux Mint)

Tip us?

broodplank1337
Old
(Last edited by broodplank1337; 22nd December 2012 at 02:20 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 10,021

DONATE TO ME
Default DevDistro (VM built for all Android related development, running on Linux Mint)

DEVDISTRO - ANDROID DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT, RUNNING ON LINUX MINT

Info
I've made this VM to let you develop android products easily, it's for developing Roms/Kernels & Apps. Using this VM is a good way to start if you don't know linux so well. it includes android sdk, eclipse, java and all the needed packages, additionally i created shortcuts on the desktop to help you out

Packages:
gedit git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386 git dos2unix

Screenshot:

Download: (size is 3.1gb)
The format is .zip from the http mirror, unpack the zip and you will find a collection of rar parts, unpack them and then unpack the VMWARE VM from the parts. at the newsgroups mirror it's not packed in a zip but it's just the rar and par2 parts.

(If necessary you can fix the rar parts with the par2 parts using MultiPar, 10% recovery is included)

Newsgroups Mirror:
Note: if you don't have newsgroups, use this free trial of 3 days: https://member.hitnews.com/signup.php, don't enter any payment method, just fill in the other details to acquire a free usenet account for 3 days)
http://broodplank.cu.cc//DevDistro.nzb

Open the NZB file with a newsreader like Grabit or Newsleecher which has been set up to use your trial account

Or use the HTTP mirror, Please don't spam it, it's a very large file, if you can use newsgroups, please do so

HTTP Mirror:
http://www.broodplank.cu.cc/DevDistr...x64-VMWARE.zip big thanks to the Recognized Contributor Hosting (NXTGenWeb and - Swift -)

Technical Info:
Architecture: x64
Version: Linux Mint 13, with Mate
Default Account: dev (password: android)
Root Account: root (password: android)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)

Latest Development:

Roms:
AOSP v4.4.4 (KTU84P) from source for I9505 (Github)
- Cleanest ROM available for i9505. along with up-to-date stock kernel, also forms a perfect base for ROM developers.

Apps:
Galaxy S4 Glove Mode App (Playstore link)
- Do you want the Glove Mode of the S4 but your ROM doesn't support it? Use this app to enable/disable it easily.

Latest Scraps:
Proprietary Lib Cleaner / Silent proprietary libs / Live Thermal Monitor / GIT Conflict Fixer

Projects in development:

broodROM KitKat "Aiming for perfection"
- Custom ROM with really high standards, more info soon

For sources you can visit my Github. Or take a look at all my projects

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

broodplank1337
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 10,021

DONATE TO ME
Is this the right section btw? I didn't know if misc or development was the right category. since it's a misc item, but its about developing
or maybe even general? If a mod knows a better section please move my post
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)

Latest Development:

Roms:
AOSP v4.4.4 (KTU84P) from source for I9505 (Github)
- Cleanest ROM available for i9505. along with up-to-date stock kernel, also forms a perfect base for ROM developers.

Apps:
Galaxy S4 Glove Mode App (Playstore link)
- Do you want the Glove Mode of the S4 but your ROM doesn't support it? Use this app to enable/disable it easily.

Latest Scraps:
Proprietary Lib Cleaner / Silent proprietary libs / Live Thermal Monitor / GIT Conflict Fixer

Projects in development:

broodROM KitKat "Aiming for perfection"
- Custom ROM with really high standards, more info soon

For sources you can visit my Github. Or take a look at all my projects

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to broodplank1337 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

berryman13
Old
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
HTTP link down. Please maybe update to KK and re-release. Looks promising.
If I've helped you in any way please hit the "Thanks" button!

roketteere
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Hey I was wondering if you still have these tools available. All the links are broken. I have Linux Mint 16. It's a lot smoother for me than Ubuntu 13.10

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to roketteere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garf02
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Here is a new link: http://broodplank.net/files/DevDistro-14-x64-Mate.iso
My phones in the past: Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to garf02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android development, app, kernel, linux, rom