Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Overclock Kernel

Tip us?
 
davestone
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 39
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Overclock Kernel

Is there any overclock kernel avaible for the LG gpad, or any WIP?
"It is paradoxical, yet true, to say, that the more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects."
Nikola Tesla
 
ponmle
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestone View Post
Is there any overclock kernel avaible for the LG gpad, or any WIP?
hello,
I want to know too but i can't find a answer.
Anyone can help me
 
sleekmason
Old
#3  
sleekmason's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 210
Posts: 433
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Fayetteville
Not as far as I know. I can't speak for the V500, but for the V510gpe, simply changing the governed and Io scheduler was enough to see dramatic improvements. A few other tweaks, and I was able to get an extremely fast interface while under clocking the CPU. Far better than the original.
Is there some reason you want it? Or just because? I understand "just because" too;)
 
Canadoc
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 1,663
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekmason View Post
Not as far as I know. I can't speak for the V500, but for the V510gpe, simply changing the governed and Io scheduler was enough to see dramatic improvements. A few other tweaks, and I was able to get an extremely fast interface while under clocking the CPU. Far better than the original.
Is there some reason you want it? Or just because? I understand "just because" too
which governor and io scheduler do u prefer?
 
sleekmason
Old
#5  
sleekmason's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 210
Posts: 433
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Fayetteville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
which governor and io scheduler do u prefer?
I have found the On-Demand governer and Deadline to work best.
 
tekka-maki
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekmason View Post
I have found the On-Demand governer and Deadline to work best.
interactive and row imo.
 
sleekmason
Old
#7  
sleekmason's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 210
Posts: 433
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Fayetteville
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
interactive and row imo.
I just ported Row to my kernel to see if there is a positive difference. The answer is . . maybe. The two react differently under different uses. I haven't messed with it more than 10 minutes yet so the jury is still out.

For those interested, the latest kernel sleekai5.3 for the gpe will be posted in a minute or five, with the addition of Row Io Scheduler, and swipe to sleep. See kernel thread for more details.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes