Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] Status bar disappeared after trying to edit SystemUI.apk ! Help fast plz

Tip us?

Boddaxp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] [Help] Status bar disappeared after trying to edit SystemUI.apk ! Help fast plz

Hello guys,

as in title, my device is htc Chacha, i was trying to change my status bar color from white to black,
i used root explorer to copy SystemUI.apk and edit it, i've changed "statusbar_background_opaque.9" and "status_bar_background.png"
with paint to make it full black, when i copied it again to system and restarted the status bar fully disappeared,
not this only, when i copied the orginal SystemUI.apk "non-edited" back to system it didn't appear again, so it's hidden till now

what should i do ??

CLINTZ9
Old
Thanks Meter 75
You either did something wrong or you set the wrong permissions Fix permissions via CWM and your good to go
Hit thanks if I helped
Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using xda app-developers app
#Longliveandroid

Boddaxp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLINTZ9 View Post
You either did something wrong or you set the wrong permissions Fix permissions via CWM and your good to go
Hit thanks if I helped
Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using xda app-developers app
Actually u didnt help me, i did what u said but when it finished fixing i rebooted and then mobile stays on htc logo screen, i removed battery and placed it again many times it still the same, i did factory rest , it now opens but status bar still disappeared... !

bloodhod
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb Hey I got the same error. I fixed it like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddaxp View Post
Hello guys,

as in title, my device is htc Chacha, i was trying to change my status bar color from white to black,
i used root explorer to copy SystemUI.apk and edit it, i've changed "statusbar_background_opaque.9" and "status_bar_background.png"
with paint to make it full black, when i copied it again to system and restarted the status bar fully disappeared,
not this only, when i copied the orginal SystemUI.apk "non-edited" back to system it didn't appear again, so it's hidden till now

what should i do ??
Download "Rom Customizer" from google play store. It's free. And install it open it. Select flash/install from internal SD - And then select your original SystemUI.apk. Then press Yes - and then select System. After complete press OK. Go back And reboot your device or do a HOT Boot. That's all...
The Following User Says Thank You to bloodhod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

savan.kuppast
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhod View Post
Download "Rom Customizer" from google play store. It's free. And install it open it. Select flash/install from internal SD - And then select your original SystemUI.apk. Then press Yes - and then select System. After complete press OK. Go back And reboot your device or do a HOT Boot. That's all...

Thank you!