[Q] trying to revert sm-n900a to stock.

OP ealston4

30th March 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
Wassup guys, ive been searching the forum for going on three days now trying to revert back to stock. i keep getting fails through Odin 3.09 and 3.07. Crazy thing is that i have a baseband of mj5 and a build number of mi9. Im on my last nerve with this. Had the phone since Oct. and love it to death. But right now im ready to take it out and practice shooting. Im a fairly knowledgeable with odin and flashing in recovery but this has me at a stand still. Any help as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated. I have downloaded the MI9 files for odin (BL, AP,CP,CSC,PIT) for MJ5 i have (BL,AP,CP,PIT). If im missing some files or doing something wrong a link to a good tutorial would help. Thanks

Just tried flashing mI9 firmware in download mode and got SW REV CHECK: (sbl1) fused2> binary 1
did the whole *#1234# and got AP Mj5 and CP MI9
Last edited by ealston4; 30th March 2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Describing problem further
30th March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

198 posts
Confusing.
Be more clear instead of shooting the phone.
What custom rom you were on, if i understand you correct? Android version and your firmware?
30th March 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1991

Confusing.
Be more clear instead of shooting the phone.
What custom rom you were on, if i understand you correct? Android version and your firmware?

No custom rom, 4.3 Baseband says MJ5. Build number says MI9. i dont know if they are supposed to be the same. I was rooted and unrooted. Just trying to get it back to days 1, fresh out the box, Bone stock.

Ok i did the *#1234# now my AP is N900AUCUBMI9,
CP is N900AUCUBMJ5,
and my CSC is N900AATTBMI9.
this is confusing the hell outta me. in the earlier post i didnt have a CSC. only the AP and CP.
Last edited by ealston4; 30th March 2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: adding detail to the post.
30th March 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #4  

198 posts
Flash a newer firmware or same as your last firmware. I assume you can't downgrade to the original firmware if you have updated once to a newer one as bootloader gets locked.
Or flash 4.4.2 with Odin 1.85
30th March 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1991

Flash a newer firmware or same as your last firmware. I assume you can't downgrade to the original firmware if you have updated once to a newer one as bootloader gets locked.
Or flash 4.4.2 with Odin 1.85

I have tried that also. I dld the N900AUCECMLG.zip for the phone but when i unzip it im at a loss for what to do with the files. i dont know if it should be done in recovery or what files to use with odin. I dont see any tar or md5 files.
30th March 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #6  

198 posts
You have at@t? If so this is the correct firmware for you.
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=25106
From there you can see instructions to how to flash. Read carefully. Don't panic.
Download rom. And use e.g winrar ro open just once when the files are downloaded. You are extracting twice and stop doing so. Open onse and drag and drop files to your e.g desktop. Once you do this you get md5.
You put the phone into download mode when flashing firmware. Turn it off. Volum down+home+power button at same time when asked if you want to continue press Volum up. Then you are in download mode.
Why do you even flash anything if you can't basics. Read more. If you still can't do this all before attempt or ask a friend to do it for you.
Last edited by kenny1991; 30th March 2014 at 06:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread