FORUMS

I/O Summary: App Permissions

Rumors regarding the new app permissions system have been floating about the internet for weeks now. … more

NVIDIA Launches SHIELD Android TV at Google I/O

Since Android TV was announced at Google I/O 2014, there has been very little activity … more

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

The back of the m8 scratches easily

Thanks Meter: 70
 
By P2o8wer, Senior Member on 30th March 2014, 11:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Has anyone else notice how bad the back scratches on this phone

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
30th March 2014, 03:33 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Mine isn't scratched at all yet, but I only got it yesterday afternoon.
30th March 2014, 03:48 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 293
 
More
Dont know, I put a case on it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
30th March 2014, 04:13 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2o8wer

Has anyone else notice how bad the back scratches on this phone

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Which finish? I have the gunmetal one and I carry it around with my battery pack in the same pocket, and with some loose change and haven't scratched it yet.
30th March 2014, 04:36 PM |#5  
P2o8wer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
I'm still waiting for my case to come in mail. The one on the top is from a bump.the other scratches are just from everyday use. I'm real good at taking care of my phones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1396193733034.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	2659105  
30th March 2014, 04:38 PM |#6  
P2o8wer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1396193915093.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	2659108  
30th March 2014, 05:34 PM |#7  
oneandroidnut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 511
 
More
thats why they make cases. its aluminum it is going to scratch
The Following User Says Thank You to oneandroidnut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 05:56 PM |#8  
Rippley05's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 565
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandroidnut

thats why they make cases. its aluminum it is going to scratch

I do agree that it will scratch easy being aluminum. I just find it really unfortunate that so much time, energy and resources spent on designing a phone like this (one marketed for it's design as it's main selling point) has to be covered up with a case to be protected. That's why I don't get into the "OMGITSPLASTIC" conversations.

It's either "phone is plastic and cheap so I must put a case on it" or "phone is premium and sexy aluminum that will easily get damaged so I must put a case on it".

Not bashing, just think it's unfortunate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rippley05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 05:59 PM |#9  
P2o8wer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Funny.... I didn't even think of that. Its aluminum and it does scratch easy. ****!
30th March 2014, 06:15 PM |#10  
deeznuts's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippley05

I do agree that it will scratch easy being aluminum. I just find it really unfortunate that so much time, energy and resources spent on designing a phone like this (one marketed for it's design as it's main selling point) has to be covered up with a case to be protected. That's why I don't get into the "OMGITSPLASTIC" conversations.

It's either "phone is plastic and cheap so I must put a case on it" or "phone is premium and sexy aluminum that will easily get damaged so I must put a case on it".

Not bashing, just think it's unfortunate.

Exactly, there's always at least one that complains. Shot, where can i find a $500,000 car that doesn't scratch? LOL, same concept people, stuff scratches, don't lose sleep over it. Id take this build on a device any day over plastic that snaps and breaks if dropped vs this kind of build which at worse might slightly dent the body and scratch but still hold it's own. Want to look fancy, wear your phone out naked as long as you can. Once it's all scratched up, then get a case. I'm OCD with this stuff so screen protector and case gets put on as soon as device is taken out of the box in store! I don't care if it comes with Gorilla Mega Super Duper Glass 1000, why take chances on something so amazing?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank