OP monkoid

5th October 2013, 12:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Hi,

Before the last update on my HTC One X, audio was fine. Playing videos, ringtones and notifications, playing games, music, whatever... since I received the last update with Sense 5, although all my volumes are at maximum you can hardly hear it.

When plugging in the headset I get the audio as loud as I want.

I know the speaker on HTC One X is not that good, but still - I had no problem hearing my phone ring before...

I tried everything I could find, I cannot change a thing.

Did someone experience this specifically after an update ? (apparently some people complained about the loudness of that phone before - did HTC go a little bit too far fixing that ?)
Do you think this could be solved by flashing with Revolution HD ? (which I wanted to do since it works brilliantly on my Note II)
6th October 2013, 09:11 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brussels

14 posts
More
nobody ?
7th October 2013, 12:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag CLASSIFIED
Thanks Meter: 203

239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkoid

nobody ?

If you are rooted (assuming you are since you talk about flashin a rom) then i recommend you try viper4android. It works flawlessly!
7th October 2013, 01:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 551

2,430 posts
More
Sent from my HTC One X

I had this problem and I googled it and found a zip that made it a bit louder I'm sorry I can't remember what it was called I just asked how to make HTC one x speaker louder

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Sent from my HTC One X
It's called AudioX I just found it sorry I thought I'd accidentally deleted it lol
7th October 2013, 03:51 AM   |  #5  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

Sent from my HTC One X

I had this problem and I googled it and found a zip that made it a bit louder I'm sorry I can't remember what it was called I just asked how to make HTC one x speaker louder

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Sent from my HTC One X
It's called AudioX I just found it sorry I thought I'd accidentally deleted it lol

I think you are talking about this one

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2231742
7th October 2013, 08:23 AM   |  #6  
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 551

2,430 posts
More
Sent from my HTC One X

It's this one the purexaudio mod broke xloud and clearphase in venom sound enhancer for may work for you though hope this helps
http://forum.zzz-developers.com/show....pho?t=1790558
15th October 2013, 04:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brussels

14 posts
More
Thanks for the replies... I was only able to try things out saturday because I didn't have the phone at home...

It wasn't rooted yet, but that's done now. I flashed it with cwm recovery and Revolution HD 31.3.

During the installation, R-HD suggested the installation of PureXaudio - which I selected. There was still no change, the maximum volume of the phone is still very low.

So I checked the post for it, downloaded the mods pureXaudio and xLOUD to install them manually from recovery - still no change. I don't find anything in the settings either concerning those mods, so I don't really know what to do next. The post also states it's system wide, that nothing needs to be done for it to be effective...

Continuing my reading I came across some posts advising to modify some file in the system folder, but I can't retrieve that file. I tried by connecting the phone as media storage, I also browsed the phone's system folders with ES File Explorer - no luck.

I also checked the posts for viper4audio but I can't figure what I have to do exactly... I must say I read it rapidly 'cause I needed to go... but I do have the phone with me now, so I can try everything out.

pureXaudio seems to be a quality enhancer -- I should say, the quality is not the issue, it's really the volume.

Question : with those mods installed, shouldn't I be able to activate Beats Audio again, even without headphones ? Because I still can't...

I hope some of you can tell me if I did something wrong, or didn't do something I should have... installation of those mods didn't change a thing for me (apparently).

I'm about to flash with other ROMs to see if something changes - I'm open to all suggestions.

And as for AudioX - I suppose it was pureXaudio because I can't fine anything called AudioX in the Play Store or even by Googling it.
15th October 2013, 05:11 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 564

2,127 posts
More
Beats is for headset only.

Sound like you need to clean the speak out, I would suggest opening it and cleaning from inside out but you can do it from the outside if you rather.

A tooth brush as the best way to go about it

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
15th October 2013, 05:27 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brussels

14 posts
More
Well I thought about the speaker, but it's unlikely. I'll try anyway, just to get that out the way, but it was still going fine before the last update...

By the way, I just tried cm-10.1.3-endeavoru - I didn't have sound at all (neither did I have wifi or bluetooth... nevermind though, that's not my current problem)

I'm back to Revolution HD now... made sure pureXaudio was installed again - still no change.

Before switching ROMs I used ROM-Cleaner and wiped all data, cache, dalvik cache...
15th October 2013, 06:39 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 564

2,127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkoid

Well I thought about the speaker, but it's unlikely. I'll try anyway, just to get that out the way, but it was still going fine before the last update...

By the way, I just tried cm-10.1.3-endeavoru - I didn't have sound at all (neither did I have wifi or bluetooth... nevermind though, that's not my current problem)

I'm back to Revolution HD now... made sure pureXaudio was installed again - still no change.

Before switching ROMs I used ROM-Cleaner and wiped all data, cache, dalvik cache...

Did you wipe cache in fastboot?

Fastboot erase cache

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread