Question [Q] Sprint ROM on C Spire CDMA HTC ONE

OP Sippi4x4man

9th January 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gulfport, MS
Thanks Meter: 57

443 posts
More
I have a 32GB HTC One with C Spire Wireless. It is also CDMA with the designation m7_wls. My question is, can you flash Sprint ROMS on another CDMA One and still retain carrier files for data, 4G, voice calls etc? I haven't owned a HTC product in quite some time and I am used to nothing but Samsung flashing procedures. I know that others on XDA with C Spire HTC One's have used the Sprint files for rooting and for flashing custom recoveries without issue but does this also work with ROMS? Currently there are no nandroids, C Spire RUU files or update.zips available to C Spire users. Back in the day when I used the HTC Hero and Samsung Galaxy S, all the ROMS I used were based off Sprint. Any assistance is appreciated.

M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.000
RADIO-1.00.20.0913_3
Product: cellsouth_wwe
Build ID: JSS15J
Software Version: 3.04.563.3 (Android 4.3)
CID: UTSI_005
MID: PN072000
Last edited by Sippi4x4man; 9th January 2014 at 04:05 PM.
10th January 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 49

48 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippi4x4man

I have a 32GB HTC One with C Spire Wireless. It is also CDMA with the designation m7_wls. My question is, can you flash Sprint ROMS on another CDMA One and still retain carrier files for data, 4G, voice calls etc? I haven't owned a HTC product in quite some time and I am used to nothing but Samsung flashing procedures. I know that others on XDA with C Spire HTC One's have used the Sprint files for rooting and for flashing custom recoveries without issue but does this also work with ROMS? Currently there are no nandroids, C Spire RUU files or update.zips available to C Spire users. Back in the day when I used the HTC Hero and Samsung Galaxy S, all the ROMS I used were based off Sprint. Any assistance is appreciated.

M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.000
RADIO-1.00.20.0913_3

I think you would be okay, I would make sure to do a nandroid backup for sure before doing anything
The Following User Says Thank You to ryoung4316 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippi4x4man

I have a 32GB HTC One with C Spire Wireless is also CDMA with the designation m7_wls. My question is, can you flash Sprint ROMS on another CDMA One and still retain carrier files for data, 4G, voice calls etc? I haven't owned a HTC product in quite some time and I am used to nothing but Samsung flashing procedures. I know that others on XDA with C Spire HTC One's have used the Sprint files for rooting and for flashing custom recoveries without issue but does this also work with ROMS? Currently there are no nandroids, C Spire RUU files or update.zips available to C Spire users. Back in the day when I used the HTC Hero and Samsung Galaxy S, all the ROMS I used were based off Sprint. Any assistance is appreciated.

M7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.000
RADIO-1.00.20.0913_3

I have the same problem. I to have the HTC one (cspire) & seems we have been left out
of the htc one support. I do have mine unlocked & rooted. I want to get s-off
by rumrunner, but have to have a dedicated internet connection for it to work .
Sprint roms should work, just a matter of changing the APN. i will be trying it soon
as I get s-off & also maybe with s-off I can save apn settings..
22nd January 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gulfport, MS

443 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy2bit

I have the same problem. I to have the HTC one (cspire) & seems we have been left out
Sprint roms should work, just a matter of changing the APN. i will be trying it soon

Let me know how it goes. One of the things that I was concerned about was that HTC should be releasing a 4.4 OTA soon and from what I've heard, you need the stock recovery to get the OTA. Since there isn't a flashable stock recovery for C Spire users, I don't see how we will be able to return to stock and update. I walked in to C Spire with my mind set on the Galaxy S4, partly because of it's very active development community, but when I went in the store and held the HTC One, I knew I had to have it. I knew when I got this phone there was little to no development for it, but I was very impressed with the phone. Maybe after a few months some new things will pop up
24th January 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
More
Quote:

Do not flash any sprint roms!!!, back in September last year, i foolishly did this and to this day i am still trying to find the correct rom, i did not make a back-up i know that was stupid, i would hate to see you guys make the same mistake. the phones are the same model but very different. the sprint rom constantly reboots, I have tried dozens of roms, they all had the same outcome, i dream of the day when i can get this phone to work. Brings me to my question, do you think any of you guys can upload a nandroid back, i would be grateful.
25th January 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gulfport, MS

443 posts
More
I am not rooted, completely stock. But if I decide to root, I will upload a backup

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
26th January 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #7  

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983

Do not flash any sprint roms!!!, back in September last year, i foolishly did not make a Nandroid and to this day i am still trying to find the correct rom, i did not make a back-up i know that was stupid, i would hate to see you guys make the same mistake. the phones are the same model but very different. the sprint rom constantly reboots, I have tried dozens of roms, they all had the same outcome, i dream of the day when i can get this phone to work. Brings me to my question, do you think any of you guys can upload a nandroid back, i would be grateful.

I will be glad too as soon as I can get to a decent wifi connection.
I live in the country & my only connection is my phone here & don't get out much
As soon as I get to my daughter's to do the s-off, I will upload it. It's 1.79gb, kinda big
with all the cspire stuff. Sure wish I could do it now for you. You may have
me going to McDonald's for a burger to c if I can get it up for u. Keep in mind it will be cspire
Nandroid. I do understand that u don't want to flash any rom that is not
your carrier without s-off, plus the changeing the apn. Will be thinking of how to get it uploaded.
26th January 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #8  

25 posts
More
Quote:

I will be glad too as soon as I can get to a decent wifi connection.
I live in the country & my only connection is my phone here & don't get out much
As soon as I get to my daughter's to do the s-off, I will upload it. It's 1.79gb, kinda big
with all the cspire stuff. Sure wish I could do it now for you. You may have
me going to McDonald's for a burger to c if I can get it up for u. Keep in mind it will be cspire
Nandroid. I do understand that u don't want to flash any rom that is not
your carrier without s-off, plus the changeing the apn. Will be thinking of how to get it uploaded.

I have tried dozens of roms, from sprint stock to custom roms of all sorts. the sprint roms work but the phone reboots every 2 minutes. so what i really need is the cspire boot.img. i know qhite a few guys who also need this upload so this would be a big help. Thank you very much.
Last edited by 1983; 26th January 2014 at 03:12 PM.
26th January 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #9  

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983

I have tried dozens of roms, from rom sprint stock to custom roms of sorts. the sprint roms work but the ohone reboots every 2 minutes. so what i really need is the cspire boot.img. i know qhite a few guys who also need this upload so this would be a big help. Thank you very much.

Would that be filed within my nandroid called (boot.emmc.win) plus the md5 (boot.emmc.win.md5)
The file named (system.ext4.win000) is the big one. Will reboot into recovery to c about backing just boot image.
Looking now..... hold on.. Will let u know.. Fingers crossed..
The Following User Says Thank You to lazy2bit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #10  

25 posts
More
Quote:

Would that be filed within my nandroid called (boot.emmc.win) plus the md5 (boot.emmc.win.md5)
The file named (system.ext4.win000) is the big one. Will reboot into recovery to c about backing just boot image.
Looking now..... hold on.. Will let u know.. Fingers crossed..

if you are using twrp recovery, under backup uncheck everything but boot. its about 17 MB, that should work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread