Post Reply

[Q] Motorola Atrix HD help.

OP bigjds

30th March 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
I am hoping someone out there will be able to help me with my Motorola Atrix HD which I have soft bricked. Previously I was running it with Jellybean and safestrap installed. I flashed a ROM using safestrap, but apparently it was still pointing to the stock location. I got an error for the ROM installation and when I tried to reboot, it went to a screen with a android lying down with a red triangle. I was able to get it into Android System Recovery Utility, but haven't been able to get anything to install. I also tried RSD lite with the appropriate files and have received 1/24 partition errors, 1/23 partition errors, and several other errors. I have tried to flash CWM and install other roms, but nothing works. I would appreciate any help on this. Thank You.
30th March 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 611
 
1,682 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Safestrap is a dead and extinct method. Use Mythtools and read about the edited xml files so you can properly flash via RSD.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #3  
skeevydude's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,863
 
2,850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
See post #2 for the short answer.

Now for the cause:
You flashed an unlocked bootloader rom on a locked bootloader phone. The stock recovery you have access to will only flash signed roms from Motorola and you can't replace it with CWM until you've unlocked the phone. Like post 2 said, download MythTools and have it get you back to stock, say yes to using stock recovery, then either root it and do what you were doing or unlock it, install Philz CWM, and start using the custom roms. For RSD to work for you right now, extract the fastboot, open up the xml file, and delete the two lines with -- <step operation="oem" -- in them.

FWIW, we should have an actual KitKat update sometime eventually soon and that will contain a fix to prevent the bootloader from being unlocked. If you don't unlock the bootloader before that update you probably never will.

This is for Bell ICS stock. You have to use ATT JB fastboot's xml, don't copy/paste this -- the md5sums are different but the changes are the same. The lines to remove are in bold.

BEFORE
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flashing>
  <header>
    <phone_model model="DINARA_CFC_FFW" />
    <software_version version="qinara_bell-user 4.0.4 7.7.1Q-115_MB886_BELL_FFW-12 18 release-keysQINARA_BP_1045.703.41.09P" />
    <interfaces>
      <interface name="AP" />
    </interfaces>
  </header>
  <steps interface="AP">
    <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="7DDA3A0C79737F7980373E25C028F26D" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="497EADC7B6A9C37CE7E828E9CDCB2383" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="E892D0369C886C4D8C4C4772A3035739" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="D60717471D584B8FAD41365730512256" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="F44809F0BE9CDF883D007DB2041DCEDA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="F41F0F575D52B390D576A89BC773DDB0" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="DA04D26F5C34F2A2F7FCF14003E65BF7" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="modem" filename="NON-HLOS.bin" MD5="ABBD3EE4CB254F620DEDF9A1DB337FF1" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="35F8FBF53B46410B495357EA5CC4225D" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst1" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst2" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="logo" filename="logo.bin" MD5="6463DC057ABF889F3B83A4D3DA4CDD1E" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="boot" filename="boot.img" MD5="E7A95F72340F2F3E03EC2E1A4050FCAC" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="recovery" filename="recovery.img" MD5="FF8CDD711906306D3F876FC69AE0D192" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="devtree" filename="device_tree.bin" MD5="C5D0968CC8E8A2003CCDAE4D19F29031" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="system" filename="system.img.ext4" MD5="FFD273DED204C4388F6907AE0ECDE130" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="cdrom" filename="cdrom" MD5="14FDDA83BD7AC9DD5B829962A9F4C6BA" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="tombstones" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="cache" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
  </steps>
</flashing>
AFTER
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flashing>
  <header>
    <phone_model model="DINARA_CFC_FFW" />
    <software_version version="qinara_bell-user 4.0.4 7.7.1Q-115_MB886_BELL_FFW-12 18 release-keysQINARA_BP_1045.703.41.09P" />
    <interfaces>
      <interface name="AP" />
    </interfaces>
  </header>
  <steps interface="AP">
    <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="7DDA3A0C79737F7980373E25C028F26D" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="497EADC7B6A9C37CE7E828E9CDCB2383" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="E892D0369C886C4D8C4C4772A3035739" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="D60717471D584B8FAD41365730512256" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="F44809F0BE9CDF883D007DB2041DCEDA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="F41F0F575D52B390D576A89BC773DDB0" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="DA04D26F5C34F2A2F7FCF14003E65BF7" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="modem" filename="NON-HLOS.bin" MD5="ABBD3EE4CB254F620DEDF9A1DB337FF1" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="35F8FBF53B46410B495357EA5CC4225D" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst1" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst2" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="logo" filename="logo.bin" MD5="6463DC057ABF889F3B83A4D3DA4CDD1E" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="boot" filename="boot.img" MD5="E7A95F72340F2F3E03EC2E1A4050FCAC" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="recovery" filename="recovery.img" MD5="FF8CDD711906306D3F876FC69AE0D192" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="devtree" filename="device_tree.bin" MD5="C5D0968CC8E8A2003CCDAE4D19F29031" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="system" filename="system.img.ext4" MD5="FFD273DED204C4388F6907AE0ECDE130" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="cdrom" filename="cdrom" MD5="14FDDA83BD7AC9DD5B829962A9F4C6BA" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="tombstones" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="cache" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />
  </steps>
</flashing>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

Safestrap is a dead and extinct method. Use Mythtools and read about the edited xml files so you can properly flash via RSD.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

You are right. I've tried mythtools, but need to read about the edited xml files to flash via RSD.

Thanks for you help.
30th March 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude

See post #2 for the short answer.

Now for the cause:
You flashed an unlocked bootloader rom on a locked bootloader phone. The stock recovery you have access to will only flash signed roms from Motorola and you can't replace it with CWM until you've unlocked the phone. Like post 2 said, download MythTools and have it get you back to stock, say yes to using stock recovery, then either root it and do what you were doing or unlock it, install Philz CWM, and start using the custom roms. For RSD to work for you right now, extract the fastboot, open up the xml file, and delete the two lines with -- <step operation="oem" -- in them.

FWIW, we should have an actual KitKat update sometime eventually soon and that will contain a fix to prevent the bootloader from being unlocked. If you don't unlock the bootloader before that update you probably never will.

This is for Bell ICS stock. You have to use ATT JB fastboot's xml, don't copy/paste this -- the md5sums are different but the changes are the same. The lines to remove are in bold.

BEFORE

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flashing>
  <header>
    <phone_model model="DINARA_CFC_FFW" />
    <software_version version="qinara_bell-user 4.0.4 7.7.1Q-115_MB886_BELL_FFW-12 18 release-keysQINARA_BP_1045.703.41.09P" />
    <interfaces>
      <interface name="AP" />
    </interfaces>
  </header>
  <steps interface="AP">
    <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="7DDA3A0C79737F7980373E25C028F26D" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="497EADC7B6A9C37CE7E828E9CDCB2383" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="E892D0369C886C4D8C4C4772A3035739" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="D60717471D584B8FAD41365730512256" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="F44809F0BE9CDF883D007DB2041DCEDA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="F41F0F575D52B390D576A89BC773DDB0" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="DA04D26F5C34F2A2F7FCF14003E65BF7" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="modem" filename="NON-HLOS.bin" MD5="ABBD3EE4CB254F620DEDF9A1DB337FF1" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="35F8FBF53B46410B495357EA5CC4225D" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst1" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst2" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="logo" filename="logo.bin" MD5="6463DC057ABF889F3B83A4D3DA4CDD1E" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="boot" filename="boot.img" MD5="E7A95F72340F2F3E03EC2E1A4050FCAC" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="recovery" filename="recovery.img" MD5="FF8CDD711906306D3F876FC69AE0D192" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="devtree" filename="device_tree.bin" MD5="C5D0968CC8E8A2003CCDAE4D19F29031" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="system" filename="system.img.ext4" MD5="FFD273DED204C4388F6907AE0ECDE130" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="cdrom" filename="cdrom" MD5="14FDDA83BD7AC9DD5B829962A9F4C6BA" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="tombstones" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="cache" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
  </steps>
</flashing>
AFTER
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flashing>
  <header>
    <phone_model model="DINARA_CFC_FFW" />
    <software_version version="qinara_bell-user 4.0.4 7.7.1Q-115_MB886_BELL_FFW-12 18 release-keysQINARA_BP_1045.703.41.09P" />
    <interfaces>
      <interface name="AP" />
    </interfaces>
  </header>
  <steps interface="AP">
    <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="7DDA3A0C79737F7980373E25C028F26D" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="497EADC7B6A9C37CE7E828E9CDCB2383" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="E892D0369C886C4D8C4C4772A3035739" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="D60717471D584B8FAD41365730512256" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="F44809F0BE9CDF883D007DB2041DCEDA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="F41F0F575D52B390D576A89BC773DDB0" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="DA04D26F5C34F2A2F7FCF14003E65BF7" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="modem" filename="NON-HLOS.bin" MD5="ABBD3EE4CB254F620DEDF9A1DB337FF1" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="35F8FBF53B46410B495357EA5CC4225D" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst1" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst2" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="logo" filename="logo.bin" MD5="6463DC057ABF889F3B83A4D3DA4CDD1E" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="boot" filename="boot.img" MD5="E7A95F72340F2F3E03EC2E1A4050FCAC" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="recovery" filename="recovery.img" MD5="FF8CDD711906306D3F876FC69AE0D192" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="devtree" filename="device_tree.bin" MD5="C5D0968CC8E8A2003CCDAE4D19F29031" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="system" filename="system.img.ext4" MD5="FFD273DED204C4388F6907AE0ECDE130" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="cdrom" filename="cdrom" MD5="14FDDA83BD7AC9DD5B829962A9F4C6BA" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="tombstones" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="cache" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />
  </steps>
</flashing>

Thanks for the help. Do I need to enter the code listed in your post? Also what would I need to do to unlock the bootloader. I am a little new at this. Thanks again.
30th March 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjds

Thanks for the help. Do I need to enter the code listed in your post? Also what would I need to do to unlock the bootloader. I am a little new at this. Thanks again.

After reading your post again, I realized I just need to remove the 2 lines from the xml file.

Thanks.
30th March 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #7  
skeevydude's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,863
 
2,850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
  • Just download MythTools. It'll do everything for you.
  • See the MythTools thread for links and getting it set up.
  • First use it to flash the stock att jb fastboot, the Android 4.1.1 one -- assuming you were using stock att jb here
  • All our fastboots are located here.
  • And when it gets to the recovery flash, select stock because you're locked
  • Let it boot up, and you can skip all setup and restoration crap, you'll be doing a factory reset real soon
  • Once booted to the homescreen, use MythTools to root it.
  • Once rooted and rebooted, use MythTools again to unlock the bootloader.
  • After that flash Philz CWM....Myth does that too.
  • When you unlock it does a factory reset so you can either setup the stock ATT
  • Or flash a different stock fastboot (use Myth....) or one of the many custom roms we have here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude

  • Just download MythTools. It'll do everything for you.
  • See the MythTools thread for links and getting it set up.
  • First use it to flash the stock att jb fastboot, the Android 4.1.1 one -- assuming you were using stock att jb here
  • All our fastboots are located here.
  • And when it gets to the recovery flash, select stock because you're locked
  • Let it boot up, and you can skip all setup and restoration crap, you'll be doing a factory reset real soon
  • Once booted to the homescreen, use MythTools to root it.
  • Once rooted and rebooted, use MythTools again to unlock the bootloader.
  • After that flash Philz CWM....Myth does that too.
  • When you unlock it does a factory reset so you can either setup the stock ATT
  • Or flash a different stock fastboot (use Myth....) or one of the many custom roms we have here.

Thank You!! It worked and my phone is back. I guess I just wasn't following directions. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
atrix hd, roms, unbrick
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes