Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 43,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ISSUE] Camera Error 100

Tip us?

moebius_2033
Old
(Last edited by moebius_2033; 12th August 2013 at 09:37 AM.) Reason: Edit1: Added additional information Edit2: Added 2 more logcats
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [ISSUE] Camera Error 100

Ok, guys. So I actually ran into a big issue. My camera died. I was running CM10.1 until I noticed I had a problem, so I flashed back to Stock ICS, and I still have the same problem. I pulled a logcat *:E, and I noticed a MAJOR error pop up. I'm hoping someone can look through this logcat and maybe figure out what it means. It all happens at the same time. Here's a brief; full file included.

Code:
08-12 06:27:57.456  2701  2786 E CameraHalWatchdog: Detected hang in camera library
08-12 06:27:57.456  2701  2786 E CameraHalWatchdog: Forcing restart of mediaserver
08-12 06:27:57.476  2276  2276 E Camera  : Error 100
08-12 06:27:57.476  2276  2276 E MotoCameraDevice: Camera Error: 100
Here's hoping my camera isn't completely shot.

I'm gonna reflash CM10.1 and run logcat again with the same parameters. I'll post that logcat, also. Thanks, guys.

EDIT1:

Strangest thing..... Face Unlock works.....

EDIT2:

So, I pulled logcats for CM10.1 and CM10.2. Both basically gave me the same thing. Except this time, I noticed something. Look at the end of CM10.2's logcat. Notice the AudioService died. I noticed it in the other 2, but ignored it. I'll pull a complete logcat tomorrow. Time for bed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (63.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt logcatCM10.1.txt - [Click for QR Code] (60.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt logcatCM10.2.txt - [Click for QR Code] (60.5 KB, 0 views)

moebius_2033
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Another Update

Alright, guys. New update. I downloaded an app from the App Store called Mirror. On load, the front camera is used, bypassing the rear camera entirely. Guess what. No problems. It also allows pictures to be taken. Every chance I have to post an update, I will.

moebius_2033
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Kinda saddened that not a single person except myself has replied to this..... But, I'm still researching. Maybe I can save someone else the troubles that I've had one day.

moebius_2033
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
FINAL UPDATE:

I finished my research. Unfortunately, my camera is kaput. Error 100 is thrown when the software cannot connect at all to the hardware, either that the connections have come loose, or it Just died altogether. More than likely, this arose after dropping my phone near the camera, but anything is possible. Thank goodness the rear camera only cost ~$10. For anyone else that has these troubles, here's the solution. Goodbye, XDA.

swapnil0545
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius_2033 View Post
FINAL UPDATE:

I finished my research. Unfortunately, my camera is kaput. Error 100 is thrown when the software cannot connect at all to the hardware, either that the connections have come loose, or it Just died altogether. More than likely, this arose after dropping my phone near the camera, but anything is possible. Thank goodness the rear camera only cost ~$10. For anyone else that has these troubles, here's the solution. Goodbye, XDA.
Thanks for the solution,
I think I am facing the same issue, My rear camera doesnt open at all only front is working. I hope I will be able to get it repaired here in mumbai.