Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TMobile D801 Stuck in TWRP boot

Tip us?

dba723
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] TMobile D801 Stuck in TWRP boot

Needing expert help. I have a rooted LG G2 D801 with a custom ROM installed. Was stupid enough to accept the most recent OTA and now it just continually goes into TWRP. Have tried to reinstall custom ROM from TWRP. Have tried the LG software to install the kdz file. Always gets stuck at step after extracting the kdz file. Even took it to a local guy and he got stuck in the same place.

I just want the phone back in working order. Don't care which ROM. Will pay $20 for anyone with the working answer.

Thx.

x714x
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba723 View Post
Needing expert help. I have a rooted LG G2 D801 with a custom ROM installed. Was stupid enough to accept the most recent OTA and now it just continually goes into TWRP. Have tried to reinstall custom ROM from TWRP. Have tried the LG software to install the kdz file. Always gets stuck at step after extracting the kdz file. Even took it to a local guy and he got stuck in the same place.

I just want the phone back in working order. Don't care which ROM. Will pay $20 for anyone with the working answer.

Thx.
you can do a couple things. Sideload a new rom from your computer. Google how to setup the drivers and do it. OR from what Ive read you can delete the system partition like you are gonna flash a new rom then you wont get stuck when using the kdz to go back to stock.

Also look on the forums, I think you can run a command via shell in twrp to delete the fota dir and it should boot to. Dont quote me on that
T-Mobile LG G2 | T-Mobile HTC One M8

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160
Quote:

Thx.
if you can still get into the recovery you can try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by x714x View Post
you can do a couple things. Sideload a new rom from your computer. Google how to setup the drivers and do it. OR from what Ive read you can delete the system partition like you are gonna flash a new rom then you wont get stuck when using the kdz to go back to stock.

Also look on the forums, I think you can run a command via shell in twrp to delete the fota dir and it should boot to. Dont quote me on that
that is correct http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

dba723
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thx all

Thx all. Will try out tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
if you can still get into the recovery you can try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

that is correct http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

dba723
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tried to delete fota; no avail

Tried this method:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

That didn't help. Now trying to adb shell method from my computer.

jassu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Tried this method:

That didn't help. Now trying to adb shell method from my computer.
Did you write it correctly ? the code ? when you miss some space or something it wont work

dba723
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes. It gave me a strange error about not enough space

dba723
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fixed....finally

Thanks for the pointers guys. The fix ended up being this from another post: