Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Vivid Landscape mode?

Tip us?
 
shelgame
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Vivid Landscape mode?

I have a Vivid running CM11 (Jan 15th build). I can't get Launcher to stay in landscape mode. When I put the Vivid into the HTC dock, it automatically goes into Landscape mode, but I can't for the life of me find a setting to get it to do that without the dock. Any ideas?
 
rignfool
Old
#2  
rignfool's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,874
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelgame View Post
I have a Vivid running CM11 (Jan 15th build). I can't get Launcher to stay in landscape mode. When I put the Vivid into the HTC dock, it automatically goes into Landscape mode, but I can't for the life of me find a setting to get it to do that without the dock. Any ideas?
Trebuchet does not support landscape mode... Switch launchers... Or maybe see if xposed has a workaround

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk
 
shelgame
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default landscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool View Post
Trebuchet does not support landscape mode... Switch launchers... Or maybe see if xposed has a workaround

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk
This is the albinoman887 CM11 unofficial from Jan15th. He's using launcher3. It apparently does support landscape, as it will go to landscape mode when in the HTC Dock.

I did find an app that will force it to landscape mode when charging. Which, since this is for a car, will work fine. I was really hoping to make it rotation-based - like a mini tablet. My Nexus 7 with CM11 supports landscape mode based only on rotation, so I don't see why a phone couldn't. Though it clearly isn't built into the phone as standard...
 
cmerlyn
Old
#4  
cmerlyn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 191
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rohnert Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelgame View Post
This is the albinoman887 CM11 unofficial from Jan15th. He's using launcher3. It apparently does support landscape, as it will go to landscape mode when in the HTC Dock.

I did find an app that will force it to landscape mode when charging. Which, since this is for a car, will work fine. I was really hoping to make it rotation-based - like a mini tablet. My Nexus 7 with CM11 supports landscape mode based only on rotation, so I don't see why a phone couldn't. Though it clearly isn't built into the phone as standard...
I'm running the CM11 from March 13 and having no problem at all with landscape/portrait. I am using a different launcher (Solo) that I like a lot better. You might want to give it a try, since it is free on Play Store.

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5, rooted, Dynamic Kat
AT&T HTC Vivid - S-Off, rooted, unlocked, KitKat 4.4
LG Optimus V - ICS, now retired as an alarm clock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes