This is the first dedicated custom kernel for Samsung Galaxy Pocket "DUOS" .. As there were users who wanted to have atleast a kernel with firewall support & basic features.. I have started to build this kernel..
I made this kernel from source code provided by Samsung "Opensource.samsung.com" For Galaxy Pocket Duos Device.. source file "GT-B5302_GB_Opensource.zip" .Please read this whole post before you install this kernel in your device.. Source code link is in my signature.
PLEASE NOTE: I DONT HAVE THIS DEVICE. So i cant test it myself. I am not responsible if your device bricks. If you got soft brick please read 4th post of this thread. Also i need info of whats working and whats not in the report.. you can ask how to install if you dont know in this thread. and I will help you / someone will help if not me.
Thank you all for the support..
Current features of kernel:Download files required from next(2nd) post of this thread..
- NETFILTER (Firewall support)
- Swap support
- CPU Governors: To know about governors click here
- conservative(Tweaked)(default) don't remember exactly..
- I/O Schedulers: To know about I/O click here
- INIT.D support
More info on init.d click here go below in that post.
- Busybox support
- Ext4 Support. (Ext3 and 2 are supported too)
- Get Odin from here.. Download link by SArnab©®
- Switch off your mobile.
After a small vibration (switch off confirmation) PRESS and HOLD 3 BUTTONS (VOLUME DOWN+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON)
when warning screen appears, release the 3 pressed keys.. and press volume up button to move to next screen..
- now connect to pc via USB cable and open Odin.. select PDA option in Odin and choose boot.tar file and click on start button.. wait 2 minutes to complete the flash.. now you have successfully installed Compact kernel.
CREDITS:If you don't understand any step or if you need info related to kernel, please ask in this thread. Anyone will help..
Kurotsugi, Manoranjan2050, Maroc-OS and Savie for providing tips and info and help when I was learning about kernel development..
you for supporting me
Copy notes: If you want to try to improve this kernel by modifying it or use it to create your own.. Please feel free to do it.. If you give credit then thanks.. If not no problem.. share and share and share more!!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT SOMEONE'S NAME IN CREDITS!! I'M REALLY SORRY IF I DID.. You can hit me and i will add you right away!!
Thanks for reading this!