Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][5302][Custom]Compact kernel for Galaxy Pocket DUOS

Tip us?

Deadly
Old
(Last edited by Deadly; 30th May 2014 at 04:30 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3865

DONATE TO ME
Default [Kernel][5302][Custom]Compact kernel for Galaxy Pocket DUOS

Sorry i wont be doing any more development as i lost my files and i dont even have a samsung phone anymore. So, i'll be closing this as there is no point to keep it open. Please PM me if you want to continue this or have any questions.

This is the first dedicated custom kernel for Samsung Galaxy Pocket "DUOS" [5302].. As there were users who wanted to have atleast a kernel with firewall support & basic features.. I have started to build this kernel..

I made this kernel from source code provided by Samsung "Opensource.samsung.com" For Galaxy Pocket Duos Device.. source file "GT-B5302_GB_Opensource.zip" .Please read this whole post before you install this kernel in your device.. Source code link is in my signature.

PLEASE NOTE: I DONT HAVE THIS DEVICE. So i cant test it myself. I am not responsible if your device bricks. If you got soft brick please read 4th post of this thread. Also i need info of whats working and whats not in the report.. you can ask how to install if you dont know in this thread. and I will help you / someone will help if not me.

Thank you all for the support..
Current features of kernel:
  1. NETFILTER (Firewall support)
  2. Swap support
  3. CPU Governors: To know about governors click here
    • Performance
    • bcm21553(Tweaked)
    • ondemand
    • conservative(Tweaked)(default) don't remember exactly..
  4. I/O Schedulers: To know about I/O click here
    • Deadline
    • Noop
  5. INIT.D support
    More info on init.d click here go below in that post.
  6. Busybox support
  7. Ext4 Support. (Ext3 and 2 are supported too)
Download files required from next(2nd) post of this thread..
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
  1. Get Odin from here.. Download link by SArnab©®
  2. Switch off your mobile.
    After a small vibration (switch off confirmation) PRESS and HOLD 3 BUTTONS (VOLUME DOWN+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON)
    when warning screen appears, release the 3 pressed keys.. and press volume up button to move to next screen..
  3. now connect to pc via USB cable and open Odin.. select PDA option in Odin and choose boot.tar file and click on start button.. wait 2 minutes to complete the flash.. now you have successfully installed Compact kernel.
CREDITS:
Kurotsugi, Manoranjan2050, Maroc-OS and Savie for providing tips and info and help when I was learning about kernel development..

Testers:
sak-venom1997
SArnab©®
you for supporting me
If you don't understand any step or if you need info related to kernel, please ask in this thread. Anyone will help..

Copy notes: If you want to try to improve this kernel by modifying it or use it to create your own.. Please feel free to do it.. If you give credit then thanks.. If not no problem.. share and share and share more!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT SOMEONE'S NAME IN CREDITS!! I'M REALLY SORRY IF I DID.. You can hit me and i will add you right away!!

Thanks for reading this!
"Thanks button is just to avoid "thanks" posts in threads. Nothing more than that. Don't ask in signature or post for it and defeat the purpose why it was introduced"
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Deadly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deadly
Old
(Last edited by Deadly; 2nd April 2013 at 07:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3865

DONATE TO ME
Default Download section

Recommended latest version...
Please everyone.. Try to provide review/report from your side after installing the kernel.. It helps me to understand how many people are having issues/not if there are any.. Because if only persons with "Issues" report.. its hard for them and me to know whether others are having this problem or not.. (Do the same with all rom and kernel threads please) (devs spend a lot of time on creating stuff for them and others to use.. so please do spend 2 mins in writing review when you have free time.. and thanks a lot for supporting...)

Kernel:
Current/latest version: CompactV1 **NEW** (Download)
Known bugs: None.
Change Log: "+" means added feature to its previous version.
  • V 1.0
    First release
    = firewall support (NETFILER)
    = i/o: noop, deadline
    = init.d support
    = busybox support
    = governors: powersave, bcm21533, performance
    = swap support
"Thanks button is just to avoid "thanks" posts in threads. Nothing more than that. Don't ask in signature or post for it and defeat the purpose why it was introduced"
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Deadly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deadly
Old
(Last edited by Deadly; 2nd April 2013 at 09:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3865

DONATE TO ME
Default Screen Shots Section

Apps to use the features mentioned..
You can try avast for firewall feature, No-frills CPU Control for setting the above features like Freq, governors, I/O schedulers.. CPU SPY for checking CPU frequency states usage.. Quick System Info PRO for checking whether they are working and what all are included features. All 4 apps for free and available at google's play store.. Or You can try any other apps of your choice like Set CPU, CPU Tuner etc..! Enjoy!

Please provide screenshots of about section and freq and governors to provide here. thank you

Thanks to SArnab©®
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deadly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deadly
Old
(Last edited by Deadly; 2nd April 2013 at 08:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3865

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Kernel][5302][Custom]Compact kernel for Galaxy Pocket DUOS

Odin Flashable Stock Rom & Kernel:
Visit this thread if you soft brick your device.. (stuck at samsung logo and cant go to stock recovery..)

Thread Link and dont forget to thank SArnab©®
Make a nandroid backup first if you can go to recovery..

Method to install stock Rom & Kernel through Odin.

1. Restart your mobile by holding three buttons... Volume up+home button+power button.. Now when you see Samsung logo release the buttons... After few seconds you will see 4 options written in red text.. Which is stock recovery (Android system recovery)... select first option there.. ("reboot system now").. It will say "Rebooting..." in green colour..

2. Now when screen gets black.. immediately press and hold volume down+home button+power button..
you will see a page saying "Warning"
A custom OS can cause critical problems in your phone and installed applications.. and it will say some more in next paragraph..
Dont worry about it.. Now press "Volume up" to continue to odin mode..

3.you will see ODIN MODE written on top of screen in red..
Now make sure you are connected to your pc through usb cable and pc is logged in and open odin file..

4. In Odin you will see a yellow color in one box below "ID:COM" section.. If you are not seeing yellow restart your mobile and do same process from step 2. also restart your pc if its still not showing yellow. If it is showing then good.

5. Now select "PDA" button under "Files [Download]" section.. select "PDA_S****_(your firmware version no.).tar.md5" file
Now select "PHONE" button below "PDA" button in "Files [Download]" section.. select "MODEM_S****_(your firmware version no.).tar.md5" file
Now select "CSC" button below "PHONE" button in "Files [Download]" section.. select "CSC_S****_(your firmware version no.).tar.md5" file
Note: **** --> Your device model number. 5302-->Samsung Pocket Duos/Smasung Galaxy Y Duos lite

6. Now remember!! Only "Auto Reboot" "F. Reset Time" options should be selected..
PDA, PHONE, MODEM also should be selected..

7. Now you are ready to flash through odin.. Just press "Start" button.. and wait around 10 minutes until odin finishes and the "yellow" box should show green... It will usually finish within 52 seconds to be precise..

8. Now your phone will reboot. If it starts showing Samsung logo again after few minutes.. Restart your mobile by holding three buttons... Volume up+home button+power button.. Now when you see Samsung logo release the buttons... After few seconds you will see 4 options written in red text.. Which is stock recovery (Android system recovery)...and select "wipe data/factory" and select first option there.. ("reboot system now").. It will say "Rebooting..." in green colour..

8. Now enjoy your brand new stock kernel.. Hope this helps you!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deadly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Faiz Malkani
Old
Forum Moderator / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter 1808

Reserved

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Faiz Malkani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SArnab©®
Old
(Last edited by SArnab©®; 2nd April 2013 at 07:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1608

DONATE TO ME

Screeeeenies:

Bro a prblm here :

Don't be lazy.
Lift your hand n press the Thanxxx Button.=)
Mobile Phone : Sony Xperia™ M Dual C2004 | Android 4.3 Stock Rooted | Locked Bootloader | Xposed Framework.
Tablet : Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T311 | Android 4.2.2 Stock

Xposed Modules : Android Theme Engine a.k.a. ExThemer | Android Apps Theme Engine a.k.a. ExThemer 2

Android Apps : Google Play Link

Guides :
Guide To Re-Lock The Boot-Loader Of Any Sony Xperia Device If Ta Partition Backup Done Before Unlocking
[Guide/Tutorial][JB 4.3+]Create Your Own Xperia Theme

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SArnab©® For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sak-venom1997
Old
(Last edited by sak-venom1997; 2nd April 2013 at 07:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 403

DONATE TO ME

Bro no logs when I type logcat on adb it says
dev/log/main not found
Is it disabled in the kernel or its the rom thing?

Sent from my A116 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to sak-venom1997 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deadly
Old
(Last edited by Deadly; 2nd April 2013 at 09:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3865

DONATE TO ME

@Sak... this was a test version.. that should be fixed in next version.. its in ramdisk that needs to be fixed..

@Arnab.. that's a known bug.. thanks for informing..will fix it in next version..

SArnab©®
Old
Thanks Meter 1608

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly. View Post
@Sak... this was a test version.. that should be fixed in next version.. its in ramdisk that needs to be fixed..

@Arnab.. that's a known bug.. thanks for informing..will fix it in next version..

If am able to help I will surely do.

Don't be lazy.
Mobile Phone : Sony Xperia™ M Dual C2004 | Android 4.3 Stock Rooted | Locked Bootloader | Xposed Framework.
Tablet : Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T311 | Android 4.2.2 Stock

Xposed Modules : Android Theme Engine a.k.a. ExThemer | Android Apps Theme Engine a.k.a. ExThemer 2

Android Apps : Google Play Link

Guides :
Guide To Re-Lock The Boot-Loader Of Any Sony Xperia Device If Ta Partition Backup Done Before Unlocking
[Guide/Tutorial][JB 4.3+]Create Your Own Xperia Theme

The Following User Says Thank You to SArnab©® For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sak-venom1997
Old
Thanks Meter 403

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SArnab©® View Post
Happy to help...
Wenever u want report ask me.
If am able to help I will surely do.

Don't be lazy.
Me too.
I'll be happy to help

Sent from my GT-S5302 using Tapatalk 2
Hit Thanx Button if i helped you!

The Following User Says Thank You to sak-venom1997 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
5302 custom kernel, compact 5302 kernel, custom kernel, pocket duos kernel, y duos lite kernel
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe