Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 50,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird stuttering on Galaxy Ace 3 LTE, tried everything to fix it...

Tip us?

marchrius
Old
(Last edited by marchrius; 29th March 2014 at 11:42 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Weird stuttering on Galaxy Ace 3 LTE, tried everything to fix it...

Keep in mind that english is not my first language, and I'm posting here because of the visibility and because my device hasn't got a section.

I own a galaxy ace 3 LTE, Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400, dual core 1.2 ghz with adreno 305 and 1GB ram, android 4.2.2. Sounds quite good, but something really bothers me... The stutters.

This phone stutters noticeably when scrolling (anywhere: stock browser, third-party browsers, on sms list...) and in VERY BASIC 2D GAMES, like Line Runner, Doodle Jump, Impossible Game. On this game, I found that it stutters a lot more right after I touch the screen to jump.

My previous device was an LG L7 II, with 768MB of ram, a dual core cortex a5 1 ghz processor and an adreno 203, and it was WAY better in this regard. Those 2d games worked like a charm on my LG phone.

Other than that, the phone is fast and can run even heavy 3d games with little to no problems. And I only have some basic background processes running, such as phone processes or gcm service.

Already tried developer options (all of them), different governors, I/O schedulers, greenify, frozing samsung junk, seeder, factory reset, flashing the whole firmware again... Nothing worked.

Samsung pulled out some updates for this phone, but the problem is still here. Please, tell me if there's something else I can try, or at least if this is a problem that Samsung can fix with an update or is an hardware fault.The phone is perfectly usable but this is REALLY annoying.

marchrius
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I forgot to add a thing: depending on the app, stuttering while scrolling occurs more or less frequently. But it's always there.

Stuttering in 2d games makes them more difficult and look like sh...