Ext Sd card fix (flashable zip)

Search This thread

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Hey guys, well as we all know the HTC One M8 launched with KitKat, so that comes in with the new permissions set by Google regarding the ext storage.. My friend was having trouble moving files and downloading to the external sd card with his shiny new M8, so I made this flashable zip for him and everything is working how its always worked with previous android versions.. I don't own this device but I thought I'd share this zip for those who want to stay stock but want to have full control to the external storage.. What I did is on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617921 and made it into a flashable zip, so I cannot take full credit for this.. Download is attached :D

As usual, take precautionary measures and make a nandroid.. I can't be held responsible for anything that you do with your phone.

Moving on...

1) Download zip
2) Move to internal or ext storage if downloaded from pc or other device
3) Enter custom recovery and flash
4) Reboot
5) Profit :D

Last edited:

skyline23

Oct 12, 2013
Saratoga
Hey guys, well as we all know the HTC One M8 launched with KitKat, so that comes in with the new permissions set by Google regarding the ext storage.. My friend was having trouble moving files and downloading to the external sd card with his shiny new M8, so I made this flashable zip for him and everything is working how its always worked with previous android versions.. I don't own this device but I thought I'd share this zip for those who want to stay stock but want to have full control to the external storage.. What I did is on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617921 and made it into a flashable zip, so I cannot take full credit for this.. Download is attached :D

As usual, take precautionary measures and make a nandroid.. I can't be held responsible for anything that you do with your phone.

Moving on...

1) Download zip
4) Reboot

Apologies, but new at this. I assume I have to root first. By enter custom recovery, are you talking about TWRP? I assume this is all done on the phone and does not need PC intervention?

Thanks

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Apologies, but new at this. I assume I have to root first. By enter custom recovery, are you talking about TWRP? I assume this is all done on the phone and does not need PC intervention?

Thanks

Well you don't really need root just a custom recovery, and yes like twrp.. No PC intervention if you have twrp, just download the zip and flash

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: skyline23

DirtyDroidX

Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
Is this zip just the platform.xml? I was just wondering cause all I did was add a new uid to my platform.xml and it fixed it, just curious.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DirtyDroidX

Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah well I mainly made it for those that don't or don't want to do much modding.. This is an amazing device besides the sdcard permissions

Yeah that's your best bet now a days. Ppl see adb/fastboot and get all clammy !

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Just a question, would installing TWRP void warranty or anything like that?

That's opening up a whole can of worms, that have many variables. I tell ppl this when they ask installing a recovery or root etc etc.

Technically as soon as you root your device your warranty is void. Now, I'm totally against the ppl that don't read or know what they are doing, break there device and go crying to the carrier, claiming falsely what happened. The bottom line is, if you have a true problem and return that phone in the condition you got it, software wise, I see no harm no foul. JMO of course.

Reactions: serio22

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Technically as soon as you root your device your warranty is void. Now, I'm totally against the ppl that don't read or know what they are doing, break there device and go crying to the carrier, claiming falsely what happened. The bottom line is, if you have a true problem and return that phone in the condition you got it, software wise, I see no harm no foul. JMO of course.

Same way I feel

Reactions: DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
But unfortunately, HTC or you carrier doesnt.

I'm not starting a argument or trying to derail this thread , I just have one question. Just for the sake of argument ;) So, if you return a phone in 100% stock how could they complain? I've made a insurance claim because my home key on my note 2 fell out. I mailed it back with CM on it lol. They didn't say nothing. I'm sure if I handed it in personally ,it would of been a different story. I'm just curious how you feel about it.

justintime28

Aug 25, 2010
Issue with flash

I have a Tmoblile rooted HTC one. I downloaded the file in the first post. It came through as a folder. So I zipped it up. I flash into recovery and use the install feature in TWRP v2.7.0.2. I navigate to the file I zipped up (file name HTCM8_sd-fix.zip) and flash it it fails at Error flashing zip /sdcard/HTCM8_sd-fix.zip' Updating partition details....

What should I be doing differently to get past this error?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Moving on...

1) Download zip
    4) Reboot
    Hi, don't work for me... :( I don't know what happend with my External SD Card, but... I tried EVERYTHING! all fix possible, but can't fix my problem. :(

please, can you help me, I'm dessesperated right now
    please read my thread
    http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/help/trouble-mound-extmicrosd-m8-t2975682

This mod is just a permissions fix. You have a different issue going on. I responded to the thread you created.
    I did. Works perfect.

Thank you so much for this! I can finally use titanium backup with my sd

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Moving on...

1) Download zip
    4) Reboot

Thanks
    This helped me in sorting out my SD Card issue...
    My model - Taiwan made - HTC One E8 (M8Sx)
    :eek: