Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,110 Members 52,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fingerprint Scanner Fix...

Tip us?

justjayhere
Old
(Last edited by justjayhere; 31st March 2014 at 12:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Default Fingerprint Scanner Fix...

The fingerprint scanner will only work if the Boot loader is Locked

Edit: "AND you reset the Tampered flag"!!!

... This is not a Rom issue. A tool is available on the HTC One forum that works on our device as well.

Edit: Please note that Roms that are Ported from other devices that do not have a fingerprint scanner might not have all the needed software for the fingerprint scanner on the One Max to work regardless of boot loader being on and tampered flag fixed!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527194

[TOOL] Lock/Unlock Bootloader + Remove Tampered | Aroma GUI

I have personally tested this on my Verizon HTC One Max running a different Rom then stock (ViperMAX) and personally confirm it works.

I take no credit for this Tool.. just sharing the link and info.

Feel free to share One Max experience in this forum.

And don't forget to thank "Chusholot" when visiting the link above to download the Tool.

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justjayhere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Can you please add to OP that fingerprint scanner will not work unless you lock bootloader AND reset the Tampered flag. I keep seeing people going in circles because they only get half the information required for the fix. Most of the discussion is in the bootloader thread and unfortunately most people dont want to try to track all the info down before asking over and over. Thanks.
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justjayhere
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
Can you please add to OP that fingerprint scanner will not work unless you lock bootloader AND reset the Tampered flag. I keep seeing people going in circles because they only get half the information required for the fix. Most of the discussion is in the bootloader thread and unfortunately most people dont want to try to track all the info down before asking over and over. Thanks.
Will do... Thanks for the reminder

Current Device : HTC One MAX / Retired HTC Devices: DNA, Rezound, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Eris
The Following User Says Thank You to justjayhere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
I didn't reset the tampered flag and my scanner works fine

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

cstrife999
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219 View Post
I didn't reset the tampered flag and my scanner works fine

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
Yea mine too...

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app

Jiggity Janx
Old
(Last edited by Jiggity Janx; 1st April 2014 at 01:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 332
Really?!?! I wonder if it was model specific? I think I recall my Verizon one scanning three tines but not truly accepting a fingerprint until they were both done.

*Also I thought there was like 100 convos going on where the resolution was to reset tampered as well...?
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11