Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Buying M8 Full Retail via Website without Plan - Possible?

Tip us?

jdmba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default [Q] Buying M8 Full Retail via Website without Plan - Possible?

I have tried, and failed, to figure out how to order the M8 on Verizon's web site without a plan so as to retain my unlimited. I called customer service and that rep couldn't figure it out either. Since the coupon codes only work online, I was wondering if anyone has been successful in ordering a no-contract phone online and it actually processing as no-contract. Even if you click no contract on the order (to get a 599 price), it seems to take you to choose plan, and if you then delete the plan, you delete the phone.

Anyone have with any success?
-----------------------------------
HTC Rezound (Global Blue ROM).

Previous: HTC Incredible <- AT&T Tilt <- e815 <- Startac

charlieb620
Old
Thanks Meter 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmba View Post
I have tried, and failed, to figure out how to order the M8 on Verizon's web site without a plan so as to retain my unlimited. I called customer service and that rep couldn't figure it out either. Since the coupon codes only work online, I was wondering if anyone has been successful in ordering a no-contract phone online and it actually processing as no-contract. Even if you click no contract on the order (to get a 599 price), it seems to take you to choose plan, and if you then delete the plan, you delete the phone.

No

oneandroidnut
Old
Thanks Meter 351
anybody on your plan have an upgrade??
Currents:
Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition Hyperdrive RLS 7
LG G3 Rooted/Recovery Awaiting Roms/Kernels
Sold:
OnePlus One 64 GB, HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X

charlieb620
Old
Thanks Meter 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmba View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandroidnut View Post
anybody on your plan have an upgrade??
I have one coming that I was going to use on T-Mobile. I will charge you what I paid we can go through Swappa or CTO

xShin
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I also tried doing this yesterday, but couldn't figure out how. I ultimately just went to the store lol.. good luck though, hopefully you find a way to do it!
HTC One M8 S-OFF running InsertCoin

HTC One M7 (Stock) - Retired
HTC Droid DNA S-OFF'd using revone - Retired
HTC Rezound S-OFF - Retired
HTC Droid Incredible - Retired

turbosrrgood
Old
(Last edited by turbosrrgood; 26th March 2014 at 09:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
It works fine for me. You should get a pop asking whether you want to upgrade or add a device, you want to upgrade since that is the only way you can keep your plan. You will then be taken back to the screen to select whether you want the contract price or non contract price...Continue on and you should be good to go. At the review stage you will see nothing changed regarding your plan (unless you chose to do so). I didn't actually do this because I'm probably just going to swing over to the store and pick one up, however I was one button away from doing so.

Talking to Verizon reps is usually a waste of time. If you are smart enough to have made it to this forum, you surely already know more than they do.

My plan is sweet as F*** by the way, 44.95 for unlimited everything except phone which is 25 cents per minute. Considering I usually use between 15-75 minutes a month it's a steal. Let's see how many decades I can ride this out?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbosrrgood For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blestsol
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Turbos right, you have to click upgrade then select the off contract price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xyrcncp
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by blestsol View Post
Turbos right, you have to click upgrade then select the off contract price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I second this. I tried it yesterday as well and goes through just fine. Didn't actually pull the trigger to buy it though.
No webpage-length sig here.

blap017
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Go to Verizon wireless iconic portal you can order the phone only without service

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app

boxermansr
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've tried three times now to order at full retail to keep my unlimited. When I tell it I want to upgrade it tells me that my unlimited data is no longer available, and I have to choose another data package. This wasn't the case if I recall the last time I got a device at retail so I don't know. I was hoping to order it for pickup so I wouldn't have to stand in line for an hour since most of the stores here seem to have 1-2 employees at any given time, but guess if I want it (and want to pick it up, versus getting shipped), that's about the only option.