Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Phone Mega 6.3 cases

OP leetrevor81

26th June 2013, 12:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Because this isn't a main stream phone, from what I can see, the choice of cases out there are really slim.

I bought a cheap case off ebay, which is ok, but i'm not terribly happy with. The case is from taipo212 on ebay, the 'rubber hard coating skin case'. It fits well and looks pretty good initially, but marks too easily due to the matte/rubber like material. It also came with a couple small marks already on it. However, I needed a case till I find the perfect case, and it was cheap.

I'm waiting on another case from ebay, which I will comment on when I receive it. A 'clear hard tough case' from 'yousave-au'. Would love to hear from anyone that has this already.

I couldn't find a generic cases thread for the mega 6.3, so I think this thread would be a big help to lots of people.

Can anyone who has a case comment on if the case is good, where you got it from etc, even people with bad experiences, if they can let us know, so we know what cases to avoid
26th June 2013, 10:32 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
I just ordered one of these from eBay UK for 1.99 with free screen protector. I like these ones as they are cheap and durable, it protects the whole phone and I have been using the same type of case for my Nexus 7, Original Note, Lg L3, and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with no problems.


There are lots of generic cases available for the Mega 6.3 and in my experience they are quite good. Here are some ultra thin ones, I have tried this type of case on my original Note but didn't like it as the top and bottom of the phone are exposed to scratches.




These ones are advertised as Hydro Gel Rubber, whatever that means. I have also tried this with my original Note but after a few months it became loose and I went back to the S Line type case.
Last edited by gx3k; 26th June 2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: edit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gx3k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2013, 06:16 PM   |  #3  
jimmbomb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 83
 
852 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
I use the S-Line and like it alot.
The phone is still slim and the texture is such that it doesnt hang up inside your pants front pocket when I pull it out..
Comes out and goes in smooth and is not slippery feeling like it will squirt out of my hand..
Im impressed. Just the features that I like..
EXCEPT.... one gripe.. I want the button covers removed. I want to feel and press the actual button and not the rubber button bumper..
3rd July 2013, 08:26 AM   |  #4  
juzz86's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,893
 
6,296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
I have a NillKin snap-on hard case (in black) for mine. This is quickly becoming my case of choice for all my phones - it's classy and maintains the thin waistline. It doesn't provide all-round edge protection though, so you need to be a bit more careful I also have a generic snap-on clear case, which looks alright but sits hard against some patches of the back, making it look a little cheap lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to juzz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2013, 04:32 AM   |  #5  
Warnahly's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 865
 
1,499 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
@gx3k can you please share the ebay link you order these cases from
26th July 2013, 12:04 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnahly

@gx3k can you please share the ebay link you order these cases from

These are some slim/flip cases available on eBay UK (click on the pics for the link):









26th July 2013, 10:30 PM   |  #7  
Troute's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Location Location.
Thanks Meter: 169
 
1,119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Ordered this one for 11.99 with the usual 'free' screen protector and stylus http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAVFY-Samsun...=IO8B31VIVJJN5

It looks ok and will do till something better comes along.
27th July 2013, 02:59 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Haiphong
Thanks Meter: 43
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
I like the TPU plastic cover. It protect my phone some time when I drop it.
28th July 2013, 12:09 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
969 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troute

Ordered this one for 11.99 with the usual 'free' screen protector and stylus [url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAVFY-Samsung-Galaxy-Leather-Function/dp/B00DYO6FJ4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2CUOJPFBQAJ7 A&coliid=IO8B31VIVJJN5[/url

I would have liked that case but without the s view cutout and also without the magnet flap..
29th July 2013, 11:35 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
cheap mega 6.3 leather case
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetrevor81

Because this isn't a main stream phone, from what I can see, the choice of cases out there are really slim.

I bought a cheap case off ebay, which is ok, but i'm not terribly happy with. The case is from taipo212 on ebay, the 'rubber hard coating skin case'. It fits well and looks pretty good initially, but marks too easily due to the matte/rubber like material. It also came with a couple small marks already on it. However, I needed a case till I find the perfect case, and it was cheap.

I'm waiting on another case from ebay, which I will comment on when I receive it. A 'clear hard tough case' from 'yousave-au'. Would love to hear from anyone that has this already.

I couldn't find a generic cases thread for the mega 6.3, so I think this thread would be a big help to lots of people.

Can anyone who has a case comment on if the case is good, where you got it from etc, even people with bad experiences, if they can let us know, so we know what cases to avoid

I purchased a cheap leather mega 6.3 stand case on Amazon uk - 4 colors available : black white blue green grey pink, just search "allreli mega 6.3 case" on Amazon uk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes