Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Port past Sense builds to HTC one?

26th March 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184

269 posts
I thought I would post this just out of curiosity and open up the discussion, has anybody ever tried to build a kernel that would support port development on past sense builds?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
28th March 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 277

1,304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDJ512

I thought I would post this just out of curiosity and open up the discussion, has anybody ever tried to build a kernel that would support port development on past sense builds?

As far as i know the kernels and drivers will not allow back porting, especially touchscreen driver, so if someone wants to port a previous sense version, say sense 3.0, the developer would have to edit alot of files in order for the phone to accept the flash and even then there's no guarantee that the phone will be operational after due to touchscreen drivers. That why you wont be seeing any backports on this device and countless others but there are a few devices that have back ports.
31st March 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #3  
Flag St. Clairsville, OH
Thanks Meter: 150

528 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDJ512

I wanna see some cupcake action on this thing.... But I'll settle for a donut!
2nd April 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

54 posts
I seem to remember someone around these forums talking about trying to port old school Windows Mobile 6.5 to the GSM One. Haven't seen anything about the project being finished though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
3rd April 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 277

1,304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacious

I seem to remember someone around these forums talking about trying to port old school Windows Mobile 6.5 to the GSM One. Haven't seen anything about the project being finished though.

Windows mobile is closed source and licensed so even if he was able to port it he wouldn't be allowed to upload it for the public

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread