Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q][i9001] Video Camera Crashing on S+ Reborn ROM

OP avastreg

2nd April 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hi,

sorry if I ask here but I can't post to the related topic (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2433523) because i have too few posts.

My issue is apparently simple: opening camera and setting it to video make it crash. I've read on the topic and i think it's a resolution problem, so i have to change that from 720 to 480.

Is there a way to change it without going on the settings of the camera app? I can't reach the settings because it's crashing.

Thank you,
Alessandro
2nd April 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 109

537 posts
More
THE ROM!
I clearly believe that the problem is within your ROM. I could help you further if you let me know which Android Version you are currently on
2nd April 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram

I clearly believe that the problem is within your ROM. I could help you further if you let me know which Android Version you are currently on

thank you for answering me, the version is 4.4.2
2nd April 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #4  
Local Bubble
Thanks Meter: 129

323 posts
I guess that you're using kkernel version which brokes 720p recording.Flash a version which supports 720p,open camera and change resolution to 480p.Then reflash your previous kernel(if you need more free ram)
3rd April 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #5  
Flag Pune

537 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpossibleEnemy

I guess that you're using kkernel version which brokes 720p recording.Flash a version which supports 720p,open camera and change resolution to 480p.Then reflash your previous kernel(if you need more free ram)

It could be either what he said or, The libs or other files related to this must be damaged. I suggest you download and flash a gallery apk (Camera and Gallery are supposedly one apk.) like this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2255797
5th April 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag Pune

537 posts
More
Have you yet fixed your problem?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread