Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][i9001] Video Camera Crashing on S+ Reborn ROM

Tip us?

avastreg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q][i9001] Video Camera Crashing on S+ Reborn ROM

Hi,

sorry if I ask here but I can't post to the related topic (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2433523) because i have too few posts.

My issue is apparently simple: opening camera and setting it to video make it crash. I've read on the topic and i think it's a resolution problem, so i have to change that from 720 to 480.

Is there a way to change it without going on the settings of the camera app? I can't reach the settings because it's crashing.

Thank you,
Alessandro

Gokulbalram
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Default THE ROM!

I clearly believe that the problem is within your ROM. I could help you further if you let me know which Android Version you are currently on

avastreg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram View Post
I clearly believe that the problem is within your ROM. I could help you further if you let me know which Android Version you are currently on
thank you for answering me, the version is 4.4.2

TheImpossibleEnemy
Old
Thanks Meter 128
I guess that you're using kkernel version which brokes 720p recording.Flash a version which supports 720p,open camera and change resolution to 480p.Then reflash your previous kernel(if you need more free ram)
GT-i9100
NeatROM 6.3
Apolo 4.14

Gokulbalram
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpossibleEnemy View Post
I guess that you're using kkernel version which brokes 720p recording.Flash a version which supports 720p,open camera and change resolution to 480p.Then reflash your previous kernel(if you need more free ram)
It could be either what he said or, The libs or other files related to this must be damaged. I suggest you download and flash a gallery apk (Camera and Gallery are supposedly one apk.) like this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2255797

Gokulbalram
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Have you yet fixed your problem?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (Not exactly with me) || Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.5 B3 || Paranoid Android 4.6 B1/Paranoid Android 4.6 B1 [Dual]
Kernel: Arrow (TWRP) || Googy-Max 2.3.2 (Devil touch Recovery)
Processor: 100-1200 MHZ || 100-1400 MHZ
Governor: OnDemand || OnDemand