Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch

The post Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch appeared first on … more

Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0

The post Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0 appeared first on … more

Unlock Moto E 2015 Bootloader

more

Best of Matias Duarte – “Ask Me Anything” Summary

The post Best of Matias Duarte – “Ask Me Anything” … more
Post Reply

Question about rooting with a mac

OP Zinta

6th April 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #1  
Zinta's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 46
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
I've upgraded from the HTC one x to the M8 and was wondering if there were any ways to root via a mac, I know it's do-able with AIO kits on windows as well as apps like weaksauce for the VerizonM8. In terms of using stuff like Parallels I don't see the justification in purchasing it just for to do a certain thing when hundreds(probably!) will be in the same boat, any info on what would be the best route for me to take would be appreciated!
6th April 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,749
 
5,660 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinta

I've upgraded from the HTC one x to the M8 and was wondering if there were any ways to root via a mac, I know it's do-able with AIO kits on windows as well as apps like weaksauce for the VerizonM8. In terms of using stuff like Parallels I don't see the justification in purchasing it just for to do a certain thing when hundreds(probably!) will be in the same boat, any info on what would be the best route for me to take would be appreciated!

http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...itkat-0151186/

i know this is for m7 but same for m8
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698134 use this twrp
Last edited by jaythenut; 6th April 2014 at 09:04 AM.
6th April 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #3  
Zinta's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 46
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut

http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...itkat-0151186/

i know this is for m7 but same for m8
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698134 use this twrp


Thanks Jay! I had seen some posts saying it was the same but I wasn't too sure but if it defiantly is I will give it a go!
6th April 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #4  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,749
 
5,660 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinta

Thanks Jay! I had seen some posts saying it was the same but I wasn't too sure but if it defiantly is I will give it a go!

I couldn't get to work on my Mac wouldn't see the phone had to use mate's pc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes