Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

BOSD is everywhere.

OP FcoEnrique

31st March 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #1  
FcoEnrique's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 196
 
1,028 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Hi fulks!
I would like to know if BSOD could be related to ROMs too?
in almost any Kitkat ROM and kernel that I've tried a got a bosd.
even the latest f93 - solid kernels that are supposed to be stable.

Thanks for you response...
Last edited by FcoEnrique; 31st March 2014 at 04:59 PM.
31st March 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #2  
AFschizoid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 102
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Are u talking about the demigod kernel crash thing?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
31st March 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #3  
FcoEnrique's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 196
 
1,028 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFschizoid

Are u talking about the demigod kernel crash thing?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No ...
bosd = black screen of death
phone doesn't wake up, just lights.
31st March 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Tuscaloosa
Thanks Meter: 3
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FcoEnrique

No ...
bosd = black screen of death
phone doesn't wake up, just lights.

1. BSOD not BOSD
2. Sounds like you bricked it

I have been using serveral different firmwares, ROMs and recoveries, and Ive only locked it up once, due to not installing the right recovery.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Technobuffalos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #5  
FcoEnrique's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 196
 
1,028 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobuffalos

1. BSOD not BOSD
2. Sounds like you bricked it

I have been using serveral different firmwares, ROMs and recoveries, and Ive only locked it up once, due to not installing the right recovery.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Exactly bsod...
No, isn't broken, after shutting it off and restoring it boots normally... It happens a lot over here to a lot of people.
31st March 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #6  
PartimusPrime's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 2,279
 
2,411 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Yeah seems I keep getting those and screen freezes as well...cm11 has been the most stable for me on my phone giving me the least issues.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
31st March 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #7  
FcoEnrique's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 196
 
1,028 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartimusPrime

Yeah seems I keep getting those and screen freezes as well...cm11 has been the most stable for me on my phone giving me the least issues.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Yeah, CM is the most stable ROM that I've tested, but it miss some features that are the ones why I always left lol
31st March 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #8  
sharkboy0901's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 671
 
1,319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
I thought I was the only one, what seemed to fix it for me was bumping voltage, if you lowered it already just bump it back up the same amount you lowered it by. If you haven't touched voltage then maybe try bumping up once.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharkboy0901 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #9  
PartimusPrime's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 2,279
 
2,411 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy0901

I thought I was the only one, what seemed to fix it for me was bumping voltage, if you lowered it already just bump it back up the same amount you lowered it by. If you haven't touched voltage then maybe try bumping up once.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Thanks I'll try that out bro!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
1st April 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
573 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FcoEnrique

Yeah, CM is the most stable ROM that I've tested, but it miss some features that are the ones why I always left lol

For me CM11 gave me the most issues. This phone is extremely weird and you have to try many many different combinations of roms/kernels until you find the right combo that is bug free. For me LiquidSmooth gives me least issues with best battery life.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes