Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 44,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custon status after stock restore?

Tip us?

wgorham
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] Custon status after stock restore?

I have restored back to stock nab via odin and still have custom status. Deleted all data with TWRP before I restored, removed sd card, and have restored 2 times and still get custom? Any ideas on what could be doing wrong?

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgorham View Post
I have restored back to stock nab via odin and still have custom status. Deleted all data with TWRP before I restored, removed sd card, and have restored 2 times and still get custom? Any ideas on what could be doing wrong?
what i always do is after flashing in odin. i boot to stock recovery wipe whole device. then i re odin and wipe again. usually gets me official status.
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onemanruler
Old
(Last edited by onemanruler; 8th April 2014 at 11:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Try taking the battery out for a few to do a full shut down hold the power button after battery is out to drain residual energy in chip set.

Make sure you leave the sd card out during first boot after odining back to official and doing the factory restore.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to onemanruler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonyevo52
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Do what @kaos420 said, or go-to stock recovery and just do a factory reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyevo52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Clever23
Old
Thanks Meter 8
That method worked for me
The Following User Says Thank You to Clever23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wgorham
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever23 View Post
That method worked for me
Sorry for taking so long to reply just had a chance to try it. It worked! After the oneclick restore I had to do a factory reset then do another restore and it is now official. Thank you for the help guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to wgorham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eversavage
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Does this Wipeout the twrp recovery? I need to send my phone back so I need it back in full factory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgorham View Post
Sorry for taking so long to reply just had a chance to try it. It worked! After the oneclick restore I had to do a factory reset then do another restore and it is now official. Thank you for the help guys!

wgorham
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Yes this will restore stock recovery. Do you have the engineering bootloader? If so you will have to flash back to the stock bootloader.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app