FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] No Connection in Google Play with already deleted hosts file

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Scouteezy, Junior Member on 29th March 2014, 02:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
When I first bought my sprint Samsung galaxy s4 model SPHL720 from best buy (the Best Buy Blue Exclusive) the google play store worked for bout twenty minutes, then I kept receiving no connection screen at startup though I had 3g/4g/ wifi... this also happened to my wife's identical phone bought at the same time. I decided to root it and after watching some youtube videos deleted hosts file after getting that advice. seeing that it came back I deleted it again....I later realized that I deleted it off of both phones. I then found videos saying to modify the hosts file, which I can't do now that it was deleted. Can anyone with the same phone give me a link to get it again or find some other way to get google play to work. THANKS!

29th March 2014, 10:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
If you download adaway (you can search Google for it or get it through the app F-Droid) it has a function to restore your hosts file. Great app to have also.

Sent via mobile
The Following User Says Thank You to max229 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift max229 Ad-Free
30th March 2014, 08:49 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
you rock for getting my hosts file back...but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by max229

If you download adaway (you can search Google for it or get it through the app F-Droid) it has a function to restore your hosts file. Great app to have also.

Sent via mobile

I've cut and pasted just about every ip address I could find with no success to get the Google play store to go past that no connection screen, any more advice?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)