Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more
Post Reply

[Q] Help with unlocking bootloader? HTC Incredible 4g LTE

OP elijahkan14

13th June 2013, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
I recently bought a Verizon/HTC Incredible 4g LTE and I was wanting to install cyanogenmod. I was able to find many tutorials to unlock the bootloader, but none of them have been successful.
I keep getting linked to this post:
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1986346&
It works until I get to "adb restore fakebackup.ab" where my phone goes to "Full Restore" but asks for device encryption password, and restore my data is greyed out.

I continued to the next step anyways to get the error: "link failed No such file or directory" endlessly

Since it said there would be errors i continued anyways and had a $ at the end instead of #

Please help!!
14th June 2013, 11:53 PM   |  #2  
Kienan's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Indianola UT
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahkan14

I recently bought a Verizon/HTC Incredible 4g LTE and I was wanting to install cyanogenmod. I was able to find many tutorials to unlock the bootloader, but none of them have been successful.
I keep getting linked to this post:

Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1986346&
It works until I get to "adb restore fakebackup.ab" where my phone goes to "Full Restore" but asks for device encryption password, and restore my data is greyed out.

I continued to the next step anyways to get the error: "link failed No such file or directory" endlessly

Since it said there would be errors i continued anyways and had a $ at the end instead of #

Please help!!

Have you tried the automatic method on the same link you just mentioned? That's the way I did it. I had a few snags myself but they all disappeared when I tried it on a different computer. I also read several places to try a new USB. You could also try this all-in-one tool kit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1758682 I've used it for a couple of different thins and it has been very usefull. You can use it to unlock your bootloader.

I'm not sure about your specific problem but I hope this is helpful.
17th June 2013, 04:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kienan

Have you tried the automatic method on the same link you just mentioned? That's the way I did it. I had a few snags myself but they all disappeared when I tried it on a different computer. I also read several places to try a new USB. You could also try this all-in-one tool kit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1758682 I've used it for a couple of different thins and it has been very usefull. You can use it to unlock your bootloader.

I'm not sure about your specific problem but I hope this is helpful.

I can't get any of these methods to work
18th June 2013, 05:11 PM   |  #4  
mdmower's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia, MO
Thanks Meter: 1,041
 
818 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahkan14

I can't get any of these methods to work

1. Make sure you are on the latest software: 2.17.605.2
2. Factory reset your phone
3. Slowly go through the manual instructions here: [Script] Automated Unlock/SuperCID/Temp-Root scripts for Windows and Linux
Last edited by mdmower; 18th June 2013 at 05:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdmower For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Akron
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
So, I've unlocked this phone before.
Just got a replacement.

EVERYTIME I put the token code in and summit I get failed!

screenshot of the error:

http://s28.postimg.org/z8obp6h58/Untitled.jpg


I tired a few different codes and nothing.

HELP?
18th March 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag Akron
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
I'm on bootloader 1.60000

Still no luck.

It tells me in bootloader its tampered but with s-on and still locked.
31st March 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowUpTheOutsideWorld

I'm on bootloader 1.60000

Still no luck.

It tells me in bootloader its tampered but with s-on and still locked.

I was having difficulty with the SuperCID hack, and it appears that it was due to an OTA update. I was able to following the directions prescribed here, but I had HBOOT 1.15 and not 1.16. The basic idea is to

1. Gain "temp-root" access using the loop-restore trick together with the fake_backup.ab file.

The next steps were failing for me. I was able to verify that mmcblk0p4 had been copied over correctly, with the "modded" version, but each time the boot loader was rebooted, it would be replaced with the original version containing VZW__001, and not 11111111. However apparently all that needed to be done to reach S-OFF status was:

2. Run Rumrunner after obtaining temp-root status. The Rumrunner binary unlocks the phone and places it in S-OFF status.
Last edited by stringedonbass; 31st March 2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Fixing a spelling error and adding details about temp-root.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes