Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Glass screen protectors?

OP thatdudebutch

31st March 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,857

2,028 posts
Donate to Me
Is it just me or there are none? Anyone have a link?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
31st March 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
I have also been searching for one. So far no luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 66

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobin

I have also been searching for one. So far no luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sadly, there is no tempered glass love for the MAXX... but the Moto X has a ton on ebay. What gives?!?
11th April 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 392

951 posts
More
The Moto X is the only phone that matters because it's not a Droid and not basically tied to Verizon like the Droid Ultra/MAXX/Mini happen to be.

Just sheer economics at work: the Moto X is available from multiple carriers and is more popular because of that fact, so it will obviously make more money for companies that create accessories for that phone.

Hell, I went into a Verizon store the other day looking for a screen protector for my Mini - that's Verizon, the company that sells the damned phone in the first place - and they were like "We don't have any accessories for the Mini..." and they didn't. Not one thing for the Mini at all, which is pretty damned messed up in my opinion.

I don't know what kind of contract Verizon made long ago with Motorola for the Droid lineup, but I sure as hell wish it would come to an end soon.
12th April 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #5  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,908

3,020 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0adband

The Moto X is the only phone that matters because it's not a Droid and not basically tied to Verizon like the Droid Ultra/MAXX/Mini happen to be.

Just sheer economics at work: the Moto X is available from multiple carriers and is more popular because of that fact, so it will obviously make more money for companies that create accessories for that phone.

Hell, I went into a Verizon store the other day looking for a screen protector for my Mini - that's Verizon, the company that sells the damned phone in the first place - and they were like "We don't have any accessories for the Mini..." and they didn't. Not one thing for the Mini at all, which is pretty damned messed up in my opinion.

I don't know what kind of contract Verizon made long ago with Motorola for the Droid lineup, but I sure as hell wish it would come to an end soon.

Your first mistake was going into a Verizon store looking for anything. I can't count how many different ways Verizon makes their stores totally worthless.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
12th April 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #6  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 392

951 posts
More
Well they list the accessories online at their website and it says available in their retail outlets so... just glad I don't actually purchase stuff from Verizon I suppose.
14th April 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 93

1,186 posts
More
People will say they don't exist. But I know for a fact that at one point last year they did. Best Buy or some store like that my friend in Indiana was able to buy a tempered glass protector for his droid maxx. I have searched high and low and made many calls, but no luck.
17th April 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 16

162 posts
At work I just got an iPhone, so I ordered a tempered glass screen protector to go with it.

I didn't see what the big deal was until I actually got it. This thing is great. I really wish someone sold one for the Droid Maxx. I'm sure it's too late now, though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread