Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Glass screen protectors?

Tip us?

thatdudebutch
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,857

DONATE TO ME
Default Glass screen protectors?

Is it just me or there are none? Anyone have a link?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Browse our site, follow us on Twitter, check us out on Facebook, and drop by and chat!
Get the official Team BAMF Forum App in the Play Store now!

jrobin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have also been searching for one. So far no luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

zerogun
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobin View Post
I have also been searching for one. So far no luck.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Sadly, there is no tempered glass love for the MAXX... but the Moto X has a ton on ebay. What gives?!?

br0adband
Old
Thanks Meter 356
The Moto X is the only phone that matters because it's not a Droid and not basically tied to Verizon like the Droid Ultra/MAXX/Mini happen to be.

Just sheer economics at work: the Moto X is available from multiple carriers and is more popular because of that fact, so it will obviously make more money for companies that create accessories for that phone.

Hell, I went into a Verizon store the other day looking for a screen protector for my Mini - that's Verizon, the company that sells the damned phone in the first place - and they were like "We don't have any accessories for the Mini..." and they didn't. Not one thing for the Mini at all, which is pretty damned messed up in my opinion.

I don't know what kind of contract Verizon made long ago with Motorola for the Droid lineup, but I sure as hell wish it would come to an end soon.
Currently using nothing at all...

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0adband View Post
The Moto X is the only phone that matters because it's not a Droid and not basically tied to Verizon like the Droid Ultra/MAXX/Mini happen to be.

Just sheer economics at work: the Moto X is available from multiple carriers and is more popular because of that fact, so it will obviously make more money for companies that create accessories for that phone.

Hell, I went into a Verizon store the other day looking for a screen protector for my Mini - that's Verizon, the company that sells the damned phone in the first place - and they were like "We don't have any accessories for the Mini..." and they didn't. Not one thing for the Mini at all, which is pretty damned messed up in my opinion.

I don't know what kind of contract Verizon made long ago with Motorola for the Droid lineup, but I sure as hell wish it would come to an end soon.
Your first mistake was going into a Verizon store looking for anything. I can't count how many different ways Verizon makes their stores totally worthless.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.

br0adband
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Well they list the accessories online at their website and it says available in their retail outlets so... just glad I don't actually purchase stuff from Verizon I suppose.
Currently using nothing at all...

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 67
People will say they don't exist. But I know for a fact that at one point last year they did. Best Buy or some store like that my friend in Indiana was able to buy a tempered glass protector for his droid maxx. I have searched high and low and made many calls, but no luck.

reggie14
Old
Thanks Meter 10
At work I just got an iPhone, so I ordered a tempered glass screen protector to go with it.

I didn't see what the big deal was until I actually got it. This thing is great. I really wish someone sold one for the Droid Maxx. I'm sure it's too late now, though.