Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to format /data partition without root

Tip us?

Aoi v1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tablet [Q] How to format /data partition without root

Ok, I posted my complete problem in a separate thread, but after weeks of research I've finally found the specific problem my tablet has: The /data partition doesn't mount after each reboot. It's really frustrating because it gives me the 0.0B internal storage problem (not allowing me to install/update anything). I was able to push Partition Table through ADB to my external SD card, which showed the following result:

Quote:
mtdblock7:
Mount: Not mounted
Label: userdata
Device No: 31:7
Note: This is a generic device which I've been unable to find any sort of support (rom, kernel, anything). Supposedly, this device is not rooted. However, after pushing some lines through ADB I got the following message:

Quote:
busybox v1.16.2androidfull multi-call binary
Don't know where this came from, since Busybox is not listed as installed on the tablet.
Thanks for any help or comment.

turffe
Old
Thanks Meter 197
I think you'll need try to Wipe data/factory reset from stock recovery.

MeganTheo613
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You should post your tablet specs. Without root a factory reset is the only options.

Aoi v1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
hm, full specs: Dual core, 512 ram, 7 inches generic polaroid tablet, PMID702DC. ADB gave me this about the processor:

armv7 processor rev 0 (v71)
hardware: Amlogic Meson6 g04 customer platform

BTW; I've tried factory reset from the configuration menu AND from the recovery. Useless, the tablet looses every data after each reboot, Internal storage is still 0.0B, and data partition doesn't mount.