Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm ready for scorched earth, but would not prefer Knox. Can't get Wifi enabled.

Tip us?

LAYGO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default I'm ready for scorched earth, but would not prefer Knox. Can't get Wifi enabled.

Ok. I had stock rooted for awhile from Apr of last year until a few months ago when I decided to venture out & try CM. I decided to switch ROMs because my phone was feeling sluggish. CM really didn't help.

So, recently I tried to go back to stock & keep Knox off my phone. I was on MF9 baseband/modem. I was reading the 2 threads on how to get NAE modem working with MF9 & I couldn't get either method to work. Neither would enable me to have Wifi enabled. I tried several times going through each process. (These are the threads: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277480 & http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2650706).

I tried flashing CM on top of NAE, it just froze on the Samsung boot logo. I tried flashing it from Philz/CWM, neither worked.

I tried Odin flashing MF9 stock rooted. Again froze on Samsung boot logo. I flashed the MF9 All in One modem/bootloader, THEN Odin flashing MF9. Still no go.

I'm in the process of a stock MK2 ROM flash/install & will try to flash CM again. I'm almost ready to restore a 6 month old NAND, but I'm not sure if that helps me (does the NANDs back up bootloaders? I forget).

I'm at my wit's end. No Wifi, no text messages. Phone calls not connecting or ringing. Really frustrated.
Galaxy S4 - rooted 4/28/13! Yucky Touchwiz

TF101b (Megatron/Guevor) - Summer 2011
Nook HD (CM10)
Parrot Asteroid Smart (Rooted)

Galaxy Nexus (CM9): Bought: 04/22/12 - Rooted: 04/23/12
EVO 4G: Bought: 07/02/10 - Rooted: 07/09/10

Nokia BH-214 Review | Nokia BH-221 Review
(Bluetooth HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP)

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1233
Try to boot back to stock recovery and do a 'factory reset'. Remember that the first boot take a FULL FIVE EARTH minutes.
If that fails...
Try to Odin a custom recovery, but don't check 'autoreboot' after odin completes do a battery pull. Then try and start again.
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

LAYGO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
Try to boot back to stock recovery and do a 'factory reset'. Remember that the first boot take a FULL FIVE EARTH minutes.
If that fails...
Try to Odin a custom recovery, but don't check 'autoreboot' after odin completes do a battery pull. Then try and start again.
I've had 4 different recoveries on here, stock/CWM/TWRP/Philz. I've Odin'd and recovery flashed them.

I've unchecked autoreboot and f.start(?). I've battery pulled. Nothing seems to be working.

I need a completely stock ROM that will just work the first time. This is just getting ridiculous.

How do I determine if I've got Knox already?

Nook HD (CM10)

LAYGO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29

Well, at least I'm not insane . . . & I don't knox. I'm going for a full stock restore of MF9, see if that doesn't help.

Nook HD (CM10)

LAYGO
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
HOLY CRAP! FINALLY!

I read someone was having something similar & flashed via Odin, then shut down & flashed a recovery via Odin, formatted Data in recovery & reboot. That's exactly what worked. Just waiting to see if I get cellular data working (getting texts, etc) but I've got Wifi again!.

Nook HD (CM10)