[q] os deleted, odin won't add file, brick

OP raymondhs

2nd April 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Seacoast
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Here's what I did and where I'm at please help if you can? **MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM **

Originally I tried to root but it didn't root. In fact my phone started to have issues right after my attempt to root.

PHONE: Tmobile Samsung galaxy S2 SGHT989 loaded w Jelly Bean 4.1.2

WHAT I DID: I followed this guide to root my phone (it didn’t work/root, even though the Recovery message said it rooted)

**I'm sorry for referencing another forum..I just googled a how to**

downloaded extracted: ODIN 1.85
downloaded: TWRP (touch recovery 2.5.0)
downloaded to pc then put on SD card: Superuser – CWM_ROOT_SUPERUSER_3.1.3_BUSYBOX

*THEN I FOLLOWED THE REST OF THE GUIDE ON HOW TO ROOT..very meticulously (the guide shows CWM recovery but I used TWRP recovery).

From TWRP I selected and ran the zipfile for Superuser (the CWM***BUSY BOX file).

I got the message that said that I was rooted.

I rebooted the phone and downloaded the Titanium Backup app because it requires root. I got the message from Titanium Backup app that said I wasn’t rooted.

The guide says that if it’s not rooted then to go back to recovery/TWRP and flash Superuser again. I did and it STILL didn’t work.

I tried reloading the cwm recovery as well (both CLOCKWORD MOD RECOVERY I thought maybe this was the issue “nope” and then back to TWRP because it’s easier to use).

After this it started doing the endless “BOOTLOOP”. I had to take out the battery to stop it.

I tried going into MASTER RESET from boot “volume down, power, home key” it didn’t work..still BOOTLOOP.

So I rebooted into recovery/TWRP to wipe thinking that this might fix it. I wiped out everything including the OS (I got a message when I was about to reboot that said “you don’t have an OS, do you want to proceed reboot?”.

In my attempt to unbrick my phone I tried to go through Kies but it didn't recognize my phone (I checked the model & serial number 4-5 times).

So I downloaded the stock ROM through samsung updates so I could flash the ROM with ODIN. I started made sure auto reboot f.reset time was checked, clicked PDA, browsed to the file, highlighted the file and when I clicked "open" to add the file it doesn't show the path in PDA section as it usually does. So ODIN won't let me flash the stock ROM.
I don't think the file's corrupted because I downloaded the stock ROM from 2 sites multiple times, I tried switching USB ports, switched USB cables, rebooted PC, restarted odin. I can't get it to recognize the file.

I'm at my wits end so if anybody can assist I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for your time and help
Last edited by raymondhs; 2nd April 2014 at 04:56 PM. Reason: more info
2nd April 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 38

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondhs

Here's what I did and where I'm at please help if you can? **MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM **

Originally I tried to root but it didn't root. In fact my phone started to have issues right after my attempt to root.

PHONE: Tmobile Samsung galaxy S2 SGHT989 loaded w Jelly Bean 4.1.2

WHAT I DID: I followed this guide to root my phone (it didn’t work/root, even though the Recovery message said it rooted)

**I'm sorry for referencing another forum..I just googled a how to**

downloaded extracted: ODIN 1.85
downloaded: TWRP (touch recovery 2.5.0)
downloaded to pc then put on SD card: Superuser – CWM_ROOT_SUPERUSER_3.1.3_BUSYBOX

*THEN I FOLLOWED THE REST OF THE GUIDE ON HOW TO ROOT..very meticulously (the guide shows CWM recovery but I used TWRP recovery).

From TWRP I selected and ran the zipfile for Superuser (the CWM***BUSY BOX file).

I got the message that said that I was rooted.

I rebooted the phone and downloaded the Titanium Backup app because it requires root. I got the message from Titanium Backup app that said I wasn’t rooted.

The guide says that if it’s not rooted then to go back to recovery/TWRP and flash Superuser again. I did and it STILL didn’t work.

I tried reloading the cwm recovery as well (both CLOCKWORD MOD RECOVERY I thought maybe this was the issue “nope” and then back to TWRP because it’s easier to use).

After this it started doing the endless “BOOTLOOP”. I had to take out the battery to stop it.

I tried going into MASTER RESET from boot “volume down, power, home key” it didn’t work..still BOOTLOOP.

So I rebooted into recovery/TWRP to wipe thinking that this might fix it. I wiped out everything including the OS (I got a message when I was about to reboot that said “you don’t have an OS, do you want to proceed reboot?”.

In my attempt to unbrick my phone I tried to go through Kies but it didn't recognize my phone (I checked the model & serial number 4-5 times).

So I downloaded the stock ROM through samsung updates so I could flash the ROM with ODIN. I started made sure auto reboot f.reset time was checked, clicked PDA, browsed to the file, highlighted the file and when I clicked "open" to add the file it doesn't show the path in PDA section as it usually does. So ODIN won't let me flash the stock ROM.
I don't think the file's corrupted because I downloaded the stock ROM from 2 sites multiple times, I tried switching USB ports, switched USB cables, rebooted PC, restarted odin. I can't get it to recognize the file.

I'm at my wits end so if anybody can assist I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for your time and help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxapb57yeu...TMBMC6_TMB.zip
try unzipping this file- place .tar file on desktop
when your connected ond open odin, click pda , search desktop and add .tar file -hope this helps
3rd April 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Seacoast

3 posts
More
Ok..so that I don't mess this up.
after I download this to desk top should I not open the zip file? Just open up ODIN select PDA then browse to the file location?

I'm screwing something up here...
3rd April 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 38

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondhs

Ok..so that I don't mess this up.
after I download this to desk top should I not open the zip file? Just open up ODIN select PDA then browse to the file location?

I'm screwing something up here...

did you get pm
3rd April 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Seacoast

3 posts
More
Hallelujah!
UNBRICKED Up and running...phew!!

Thanks Fasted12! If you were here I would hug ya and make you feel uncomfortable. Stay awesome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread