Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to implement stock status bar to a system where status bar doesn't exist

Tip us?

fastguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default How to implement stock status bar to a system where status bar doesn't exist

Hi,

I'm using a Samsung Homesync. I'm rooted. In this device, the TouchWiz is implemented such that there's no classical tablet UI, but rather a different one. Other Launchers like Nova also work perfectly fine, however, the notification/status bar is implemented differently. You can see the notifications on the top right corner where there's just a number which counts them.

If I launch Nova, since there's no status bar and no special corner as implemented in the stock launcher, there's no notification window.

How can I make this device display the classical tablet or phone status bar, with running application icons, time, notifications, etc. that I can pull up or down to see details?

I tried replacing framework.* files from a Galaxy Tab3 ROM but system never boots if I do so. I also tried just replacing the SystemUI. With modified framework, system doesn't boot. With SystemUI change, it just crashes.

PS. Both roms Android 4.2.2, but different processors. There's no other TW ROM that matches this hardware. Only the Nexus 10 is matching but it's not Touchwiz. I have root but I can't change kernel since it's bootloader locked.

hnkotnis
Old
(Last edited by hnkotnis; 30th March 2014 at 04:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 436
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy View Post
Hi,

I'm using a Samsung Homesync. I'm rooted. In this device, the TouchWiz is implemented such that there's no classical tablet UI, but rather a different one. Other Launchers like Nova also work perfectly fine, however, the notification/status bar is implemented differently. You can see the notifications on the top right corner where there's just a number which counts them.

If I launch Nova, since there's no status bar and no special corner as implemented in the stock launcher, there's no notification window.

How can I make this device display the classical tablet or phone status bar, with running application icons, time, notifications, etc. that I can pull up or down to see details?

I tried replacing framework.* files from a Galaxy Tab3 ROM but system never boots if I do so. I also tried just replacing the SystemUI. With modified framework, system doesn't boot. With SystemUI change, it just crashes.

PS. Both roms Android 4.2.2, but different processors. There's no other TW ROM that matches this hardware. Only the Nexus 10 is matching but it's not Touchwiz. I have root but I can't change kernel since it's bootloader locked.
Try a third party statusbar called Super Status Bar. Install like a normal app.
It is not just statusbar strip. It is actual pull down statusbar.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.firezenk.ssb

This supports notifications, toggles etc. (must be installed in internal memory, not on SD Card)
Root access is not required, no custom kernel business.
Shows Date, time, weather, notifications (but does not have swipe to remove), allows shortcut to recent apps.....
Install it to see magical features.

I used it in a ported ROM for my device where I had to freeze stock statusbar because for Force Close.

Press Thanks if helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fastguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Thanks. However this doesn't take the reserve it's own and take space from Nova but rather part of the launcher goes under it and becomes not visible.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk