Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with installing new OS on HD2(newb)

Tip us?

h2g-vaka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help with installing new OS on HD2(newb)

Hello fellas,

I'm total newb in anything related to flashing, installing OS on a phone. Just got some old HD2 from a friend which software seems fckd up. When i turn it on i just get "aMAGLDR v1.13 Build: Feb 1 2011 03:46:07 byCotulla 2011". So i want to install Firefox OS 1.4 or maybe older ver. of Fireofox OS if there is not good one for HD2 to play with that OS. Or if there isn't Firefox OS for HD2 i would go with stock android...what ver? 4.4 would be awesome if there is for HD, or maybe Cyogenmode. Can someone help? I'm totally newb and i need literally every step explained.

Thank you.

ya5
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2g-vaka View Post
Hello fellas,

I'm total newb in anything related to flashing, installing OS on a phone. Just got some old HD2 from a friend which software seems fckd up. When i turn it on i just get "aMAGLDR v1.13 Build: Feb 1 2011 03:46:07 byCotulla 2011". So i want to install Firefox OS 1.4 or maybe older ver. of Fireofox OS if there is not good one for HD2 to play with that OS. Or if there isn't Firefox OS for HD2 i would go with stock android...what ver? 4.4 would be awesome if there is for HD, or maybe Cyogenmode. Can someone help? I'm totally newb and i need literally every step explained.

Thank you.
Get an SD CARD abotu 4gigs move to the development threads , NAND or NATIVE SD Builds pick the rom read hot to install it, have fun.

There is FirefoxOS port but not fully functional. get an android or Windows Phone 7 Rom

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
You have to rid a lot before attempt anything on your phone. MAGLRD is already in place, is a piece of the puzzle. I give you few tips of what you have looking for:

1-Format with Task29 your Phone.
2-Instal MAGLRD again. As formatting will delete it as recommended.
3-Instal CWM Recovery and set-up Partitions Size in flash.cfg (2MB + 150MB + 1MB) This details you find on any custom rom thread.
4-Boot in Recovery from MAGLRD and Install Rom, which you put on SD.
5-Wipe all.
6Have fun, with Android, there is no Firefox OS.

Don't forget to hit thanx.

Good Luck.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4