Sunday Debate: Corporate Cyanogen Good for Android?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel … more

AOSP Lollipop 5.1.0 for LG Optimus 4X HD

One of the main rivals of the legendary Samsung Galaxy SIII, the LG Optimus 4X HD has received … more

S6 Pre-orders on T-Mobile are Arriving

T-Mobile appears to be first off the mark with delivering the S6, as some customers are already … more

Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Phone sat in closet with 4.1.2, now won't update to 4.4.2

2nd April 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Hi all,

I bought a used AT&T HTC one (M7) phone that has sat in a closet since it originally had 4.1.2. I'm pretty sure it was never rooted and I don't want to root it. I am trying to update android to 4.4.2 but when I click on AT&T Software update it flashes something momentarily and then does nothing. I contacted HTC and they told me to send it in for repair...but I don't want to be without a phone for 2 weeks.

Any advice?
2nd April 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #2  
Boachti's Avatar
Senior Member
Luxembourg
Thanks Meter: 20
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlurpee

Hi all,

I bought a used AT&T HTC one (M7) phone that has sat in a closet since it originally had 4.1.2. I'm pretty sure it was never rooted and I don't want to root it. I am trying to update android to 4.4.2 but when I click on AT&T Software update it flashes something momentarily and then does nothing. I contacted HTC and they told me to send it in for repair...but I don't want to be without a phone for 2 weeks.

Any advice?

are you completely sure that your phone had never been rooted because this nowmaly happens when the original recovery isn't installed
2nd April 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boachti

are you completely sure that your phone had never been rooted because this nowmaly happens when the original recovery isn't installed

Yes totally sure.

Good news. After talking with HTC rep and doing all their magic, and also doing a factory reset. Rebooting a dozen times, spinning around twice counter clockwise, and eating a raw egg...my phone decided to start updating. Who knows which one was the solution.
2nd April 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #4  
Boachti's Avatar
Senior Member
Luxembourg
Thanks Meter: 20
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlurpee

Yes totally sure.

Good news. After talking with HTC rep and doing all their magic, and also doing a factory reset. Rebooting a dozen times, spinning around twice counter clockwise, and eating a raw egg...my phone decided to start updating. Who knows which one was the solution.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes