Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S5 Models?

Tip us?
 
Hellscythe
Old
(Last edited by Hellscythe; 9th May 2014 at 01:22 PM.)
#1  
Hellscythe's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 1,711
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: straya kienttt
Default [Q] Galaxy S5 Models?

EDIT:

INTERNATIONAL VERSION IS 900F

So I found a list on GSMARENA that shows what each model of the S5 is
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
Samsung SM-G900W8 - for Canada

My question is, what would the standard international version be called?
Also, since they are all SM-G900, does that mean roms would be interflashable? the naming scheme for the carrier versions seems to have changed from the previous generation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
HassanM
Old
#2  
HassanM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 425
Posts: 1,181
Join Date: Aug 2012
Is there any model as sg-900???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
Hassan Khalid Malik

★★★OMEGA ROM Team Member★★★
Samsung Galaxy S4 I-9500 - Omega Rom 22, Perseus 19.1 Alpha, Philz Touch Recovery 6, Xposed Framework & Custom (CPU) init.d Script / Audio w/DSP init.d Script -
Samsung Galaxy S3 I-9300 - Omega Rom 58, Boeffla-Kernel 5.3, Philz Touch Recovery 6, Xposed Framework & Custom (Audio w/DSP) init.d Script -
 
trevagreene
Old
#3  
trevagreene's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 249
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne
In a vodafone shop in Australia last week, the one they had said SM-900X
 
jodvova
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 497
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevagreene View Post
In a vodafone shop in Australia last week, the one they had said SM-900X
X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.
 
trevagreene
Old
#5  
trevagreene's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 249
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post
X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.
Ah, cool. thanks for the info. I thought It was strange since I hadn't seen it listed anywhere.
 
Hellscythe
Old
#6  
Hellscythe's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 1,711
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: straya kienttt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM View Post
Is there any model as sg-900???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
I haven't seen any SG-900, but I have seen lots of places list SM G900 if that is what you mean
 
HassanM
Old
#7  
HassanM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 425
Posts: 1,181
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe View Post
I haven't seen any SG-900, but I have seen lots of places list SM G900 if that is what you mean
Yes... Actually thats what I meant... However I was trying to find out which variant was Exynos and which one was Qualcomm. ...

Thanks anyway. ...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
Hassan Khalid Malik

★★★OMEGA ROM Team Member★★★
Samsung Galaxy S4 I-9500 - Omega Rom 22, Perseus 19.1 Alpha, Philz Touch Recovery 6, Xposed Framework & Custom (CPU) init.d Script / Audio w/DSP init.d Script -
Samsung Galaxy S3 I-9300 - Omega Rom 58, Boeffla-Kernel 5.3, Philz Touch Recovery 6, Xposed Framework & Custom (Audio w/DSP) init.d Script -
 
Hellscythe
Old
#8  
Hellscythe's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448
Posts: 1,711
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: straya kienttt
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM View Post
Yes... Actually thats what I meant... However I was trying to find out which variant was Exynos and which one was Qualcomm. ...

Thanks anyway. ...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/54141...m#.U0om3_mSx8c

the 900H is exynos
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jaijaijai85
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post
X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.
so does that mean I can install another region into my Australian version?
ie: from sm-g900i to sm-g900f?
 
p0tent
Old
#10  
p0tent's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Edmonton
SM-G900W8 - Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe View Post
EDIT:

INTERNATIONAL VERSION IS 900F

So I found a list on GSMARENA that shows what each model of the S5 is
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint

My question is, what would the standard international version be called?
Also, since they are all SM-G900, does that mean roms would be interflashable? the naming scheme for the carrier versions seems to have changed from the previous generation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p0tent For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
code., models, region
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more

Always Enter the Correct Password with HideNoPasswords

If you’ve ever entered apassword on your mobile device, you’ve surely … more

Revert to Stock Recovery Effortless with Simple Recovery Switcher

Android updates released as OTA packages are very easy to apply,but they … more