Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Direct File Management and Apps Transfer

Tip us?

rjotto1@pacbell.net
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] Direct File Management and Apps Transfer

Does anyone know of a utility (other than Zune) that will let you access/manage files directly on the HTC Surround? Also, is there a way to load applications from your PC to the Surround? I find a site that had downloadable applications for the Surround.....but then how do you get them from the PC to the device? I am really finding this operating system very limiting with respect to direct file manipulation/transfers. Everything seems to be hidden behind the widget interface this phone uses.

Speaking of file management......If I get an attachment in email and the phone doesn't recognize the type (e.g. MOV or CSV) there doesn't seem to be a way to save the file and then select an application to view/run/edit it.
RJOman

laser979
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What's the problem with using Zune? Easy to use and the apps sync fine through it.

laser979
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There definitely needs to be a file explorer. But so far no good...

xender2013
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile commend an app for you

Id like to recommend you an android app called xender , you can transfer pictures, videos, documents even contact list to other phones at a moment! one of its most important advantages is it runs without wifi.

hope it is helpful to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjotto1@pacbell.net View Post
Does anyone know of a utility (other than Zune) that will let you access/manage files directly on the HTC Surround? Also, is there a way to load applications from your PC to the Surround? I find a site that had downloadable applications for the Surround.....but then how do you get them from the PC to the device? I am really finding this operating system very limiting with respect to direct file manipulation/transfers. Everything seems to be hidden behind the widget interface this phone uses.

Speaking of file management......If I get an attachment in email and the phone doesn't recognize the type (e.g. MOV or CSV) there doesn't seem to be a way to save the file and then select an application to view/run/edit it.
Tags
application management, file management