Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone won't boot after unsuccessful Cyanogen installation attempt

Tip us?

daebak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Phone won't boot after unsuccessful Cyanogen installation attempt

Hi guys.

I decided to give Cyanogenmod a try, but apparently messed something really badly during the installation. After flashing boot.img with fastboot, as the installation guide says (I can't post links, but it's in the Cyanogenmod wiki under HTC One X. First google result), the phone gave me the HTC slogan splash screen, but won't go forward.

By pressing volume down and power, I can get myself into the bootloader, which says:
Code:
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.72.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.167.31
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
It also lists the following options: FASTBOOT, RECOVERY, FACTORY RESET, SIMLOCK, SHOW BARCODE, IMAGE CRC. Recovery and factory reset are not working. If I select either one of them, the phone boots itself and ends up in the previously mentioned splash screen. I don't know what simlock does, so I haven't selected it. With barcode the same thing. Image CRC gives me some values that I don't understand.

If I select fastboot, I get the following menu: HBOOT, REBOOT, REBOOT BOOTLOADER, POWER DOWN. Hboot reverts me back to the bigger menu. Rest of the options are pretty self-explanatory.

I have a zip copy of Cyanogenmod on /sdcard/.

What can be done? Is my phone bricked for good? I am using Linux Mint 16 as my computer operating system. It is Ubuntu based. adb doesn't recognize my phone when it is in bootloader mode.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by daebak View Post
Hi guys.

I decided to give Cyanogenmod a try, but apparently messed something really badly during the installation. After flashing boot.img with fastboot, as the installation guide says (I can't post links, but it's in the Cyanogenmod wiki under HTC One X. First google result), the phone gave me the HTC slogan splash screen, but won't go forward.

By pressing volume down and power, I can get myself into the bootloader, which says:
Code:
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.72.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.167.31
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
It also lists the following options: FASTBOOT, RECOVERY, FACTORY RESET, SIMLOCK, SHOW BARCODE, IMAGE CRC. Recovery and factory reset are not working. If I select either one of them, the phone boots itself and ends up in the previously mentioned splash screen. I don't know what simlock does, so I haven't selected it. With barcode the same thing. Image CRC gives me some values that I don't understand.

If I select fastboot, I get the following menu: HBOOT, REBOOT, REBOOT BOOTLOADER, POWER DOWN. Hboot reverts me back to the bigger menu. Rest of the options are pretty self-explanatory.

I have a zip copy of Cyanogenmod on /sdcard/.

What can be done? Is my phone bricked for good? I am using Linux Mint 16 as my computer operating system. It is Ubuntu based. adb doesn't recognize my phone when it is in bootloader mode.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Are you install the rom or you just flash the boot.img. And next time search and read this question is answeared many times and go in the original android thread download latest nightly take the boot.img from arhiv copy the arhive to sd card install the rom and flash the boot.img.

And if you not install the CM11 rom just flash the old boot.img.
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

daebak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
Are you install the rom or you just flash the boot.img. And next time search and read this question is answeared many times and go in the original android thread download latest nightly take the boot.img from arhiv copy the arhive to sd card install the rom and flash the boot.img.

And if you not install the CM11 rom just flash the old boot.img.
Sorry for being dumb, but how am I supposed to do this if I can't get an usb connection going between my computer and the phone? Like I said, adb and fastboot are not detecting my phone and I can't access /sdcard/ at all.

FaiselW
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Press fastboot then connect the usb and it will say FASTBOOT USB

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by daebak View Post
Sorry for being dumb, but how am I supposed to do this if I can't get an usb connection going between my computer and the phone? Like I said, adb and fastboot are not detecting my phone and I can't access /sdcard/ at all.
when you see fastboot USB check the device with fastboot devices. And when you connect the phone to computer what you see in devicemanager. try install latest drivers
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

VoLTz4Dayz
Old
(Last edited by VoLTz4Dayz; 31st March 2014 at 09:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Make sure your computers drivers are up to date, this may be why your computer is not detecting your device. Otherwise you must have the Android SDK correctly installed (Making sure your PC knows where to find the .dll files), to allow for fastboot to work correctly (Otherwise you can find fastboot binaries on the official HTC website). Once you've booted into the bootloader (Power button + volume down) select 'fastboot'. Your device should show 'fastboot usb' if it is correctly connected to the PC.

Remember you will not be able to access your devices files within the bootloader, so you may need to flash TWRP, which allows you access to your internal memory via your PC. In my experience, the touch function did not work for TWRP on my device, so I reflashed CWM to flash CM. Once you've flashed CM, you can then flash the boot.img found within the CM's files (after unzipped) using fastboot. Other than that, you may want to flash GAPPS before you boot up into your fresh ROM.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: .dll files for Windows only I think (: