Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did it work for you?
How many attempts did it take? 0 0%
Did you verify Hot Spot, and Wifi? 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Finally solved Alll issues moving Verizon Note 3 over to T-Mobile!!!!!

Tip us?

tmtriana88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Finally solved Alll issues moving Verizon Note 3 over to T-Mobile!!!!!

If anyone out there has spent hours trying to get every aspect of data, voice, and messaging working after this switch, I feel your pain. However after days and days, and nights of no sleep, and countless hours of research and note taking, I have finally found the answer. This took piecing together many different bits of information from other people's fixes however never were able to get the messaging working correctly. So, after much ado, and way too much time waiting for this amazing feeling of success relief that is just a few moments away: Here we go. Note: Before starting this process, will need to make sure that you are with another phone, because you will need a phone call in order to complete the process!!!!!

Go into your phones "mobile networks" settings.
Make sure that your, Make sure that your "Preferred Network mode is: Global (This is important, change it once and leave it alone).
Turn off "Mobile Data"
Go into the "Access Point Names" listed under "Mobile Networks" and change your settings to EXACTLY as follows:

Name: T-Mobile US LTE

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: (I cannot enter url's yet however, this is going to be what you have found across the board on all sites for the MMSC which includes: "mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc") Without the quotations of course.

Multimedia message proxy: Not set

Multimedia message port: Not set

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: "default, mms, supl" (do not enter the quotations)

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol:IPv4/IPv6

Turn APN on/off: Needs to be checked with a green check mark unless it is greyed out and checked.

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type: None

Mobile virtual network operator value: Not set

After you have completed the setting exactly as above, hit the menu button and save the APN (Make sure that the circle for this APN is filled in green. Back out one screen, turn mobile data on, then back off and then shut down the phone. *Wait Five Minutes*

Turn the phone back on, turn on mobile data and (as hard as this is going to be) put the phone down and walk away! Set a timer for 10 minutes and have someone tie your hands behind your back if necessary!! Don't touch the phone..

At the end of ten minutes when you pull down the notification bar it is probably still going to say "no service" at the bottom. Even if it now says T-Mobile CONTINUE TO THE NEXT STEP if you would like this to work flawlessly..

Have someone call you or use another phone to call yourself. This is going to take several attempts (about 3 or 4) before it stops going to voicemail and the phone actually rings. ANSWER THE CALL, HANG UP..

Final Step: ENJOY THE LUXURIES OF HAVING YOUR PHONE WORKING PERFECTLY!!!!! YAY!!!

Note: When you make a call your phone is going to have to switch over on the networks for voice so it's going to ring an extra minute (don't worry it's normal). When you hang up the call it is going to take a moment for the network to switch back over to 4G LTE. Be patient and have faith in your success (It will happen). Don't start changing settings.

Good luck to all (Hopefully I didn't forget anything).

Verizon Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile 4G LTE
N900VVRUBMJE Rooted with Vroot
SafeStrap and running Hyperdrive RLS7

tmtriana88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking One Last Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtriana88 View Post
If anyone out there has spent hours trying to get every aspect of data, voice, and messaging working after this switch, I feel your pain. However after days and days, and nights of no sleep, and countless hours of research and note taking, I have finally found the answer. This took piecing together many different bits of information from other people's fixes however never were able to get the messaging working correctly. So, after much ado, and way too much time waiting for this amazing feeling of success relief that is just a few moments away: Here we go. Note: Before starting this process, will need to make sure that you are with another phone, because you will need a phone call in order to complete the process!!!!!

Go into your phones "mobile networks" settings.
Make sure that your, Make sure that your "Preferred Network mode is: Global (This is important, change it once and leave it alone).
Turn off "Mobile Data"
Go into the "Access Point Names" listed under "Mobile Networks" and change your settings to EXACTLY as follows:

Name: T-Mobile US LTE

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: (I cannot enter url's yet however, this is going to be what you have found across the board on all sites for the MMSC which includes: "mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc") Without the quotations of course.

Multimedia message proxy: Not set

Multimedia message port: Not set

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: "default, mms, supl" (do not enter the quotations)

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol:IPv4/IPv6

Turn APN on/off: Needs to be checked with a green check mark unless it is greyed out and checked.

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type: None

Mobile virtual network operator value: Not set

After you have completed the setting exactly as above, hit the menu button and save the APN (Make sure that the circle for this APN is filled in green. Back out one screen, turn mobile data on, then back off and then shut down the phone. *Wait Five Minutes*

Turn the phone back on, turn on mobile data and (as hard as this is going to be) put the phone down and walk away! Set a timer for 10 minutes and have someone tie your hands behind your back if necessary!! Don't touch the phone..

At the end of ten minutes when you pull down the notification bar it is probably still going to say "no service" at the bottom. Even if it now says T-Mobile CONTINUE TO THE NEXT STEP if you would like this to work flawlessly..

Have someone call you or use another phone to call yourself. This is going to take several attempts (about 3 or 4) before it stops going to voicemail and the phone actually rings. ANSWER THE CALL, HANG UP..

Final Step: ENJOY THE LUXURIES OF HAVING YOUR PHONE WORKING PERFECTLY!!!!! YAY!!!

Note: When you make a call your phone is going to have to switch over on the networks for voice so it's going to ring an extra minute (don't worry it's normal). When you hang up the call it is going to take a moment for the network to switch back over to 4G LTE. Be patient and have faith in your success (It will happen). Don't start changing settings.

Good luck to all (Hopefully I didn't forget anything).

Verizon Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile 4G LTE
N900VVRUBMJE Rooted with Vroot
SafeStrap and running Hyperdrive RLS7

I forgot to add at the end of the original thread that I have restarted my phone several times since and everything is continuing to work, However instead of receiving a call, making a phone call out will quickly get you right back up and running again!!!..

I would love to hear feedback from anyone who uses this method and how it worked for you.

Theresa

fizan
Old
(Last edited by fizan; 5th April 2014 at 04:53 PM.) Reason: Found solution
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtriana88 View Post
I forgot to add at the end of the original thread that I have restarted my phone several times since and everything is continuing to work, However instead of receiving a call, making a phone call out will quickly get you right back up and running again!!!..

I would love to hear feedback from anyone who uses this method and how it worked for you.

Theresa
Are you able to get tmobile 4g LTE or H+ only, i'm asking because I only get H+. TIA.

Edit: Nevermind, got it to work, i had to delete the apn and reset, then re-add the apn.