Tmobile note 3 bootloader

31st March 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

227 posts
Ok so it's been a while since I've had a samsung. Last one was a nexus on verizon. I had a RAZR for several years now I have an s4 I picked up cheap. I want to switch to tmobile but I can't find any phones with an unlockable bootloader. I can't find a single thread how to do it yet I see custom kernel threads everywhere. Is the note 3 bootloader unlockable? I don't want to switch and not be happy.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
31st March 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #2  
St Louis
Thanks Meter: 20

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickjohnonaah

Ok so it's been a while since I've had a samsung. Last one was a nexus on verizon. I had a RAZR for several years now I have an s4 I picked up cheap. I want to switch to tmobile but I can't find any phones with an unlockable bootloader. I can't find a single thread how to do it yet I see custom kernel threads everywhere. Is the note 3 bootloader unlockable? I don't want to switch and not be happy.

Thanks

The bootloader is not locked on tmobile note 3 phones.
31st March 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

227 posts
Does it come factory locked and needs to be unlocked or does it come from tmobile fully unlocked?

31st March 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #4  
St Louis
Thanks Meter: 20

73 posts
More
Quote:

Does it come factory locked and needs to be unlocked or does it come from tmobile fully unlocked?

The phone is completely unlocked. I had no issues with bootloaders with android 4.3 or 4.4. The only thing, if you are planning on rooting your device the chances are that you will trip the Knox counter and that will void your warranty, if you care. There have been some methods to not trip Knox but I already tripped mine so I have not explored that option. I really love the phone and the options root/custom Roms provides.
31st March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

227 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the reply that is great news. I miss messing with kernels and radios and such as I did on my nexus. I rooted this busted s4 I'm on now with safe root supposed to not trip knox. After if replace the screen I'll sell it and buy a note 3 and switch over.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread